Never get complacent with Ts

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
So I was doing some water dish cleaning, picking out boluses, etc. I always use my 12 inch tongs for this stuff. But for whatever reason I got to my female B. boehmei and pulled out her water dish with my hand instead of the tongs. I guess I figured because she's normally calm, it would be fine. She bolted out of the blue, I felt legs on my hand, but no bite. My point is it's easy to get careless and make mistakes like I did. Lesson learned.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So I was doing some water dish cleaning, picking out boluses, etc. I always use my 12 inch tongs for this stuff. But for whatever reason I got to my female B. boehmei and pulled out her water dish with my hand instead of the tongs. I guess I figured because she's normally calm, it would be fine. She bolted out of the blue, I felt legs on my hand, but no bite. My point is it's easy to get careless and make mistakes like I did. Lesson learned.
My AF G pulchripes gets a bit like that in her "older" age, maybe because she's larger. Either way, no hands go in there.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My AF G pulchripes gets a bit like that in her "older" age, maybe because she's larger. Either way, no hands go in there.
Gotcha. Like I said absolute carelessness on my end. I will own up to it!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
So I was chilling under my hide, cleaning my legs, minding my own business, then all of sudden, a giant hand fell from the sky, and grabbed my beloved water dish. I was so mad and charged at it, but the hand was just too large, and I held back a little. What a day.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Let me say that I don't shine the light in their eyes. I use the light mainly to check their water dish and enclosure.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I almost did this in my MM Psalmopoeus irminia enclosure the other day and stopped myself and went “wait that’s not how I do this what am I thinking??” And went and got the tongs. How quickly those blinders can come up sometimes!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I almost did this in my MM Psalmopoeus irminia enclosure the other day and stopped myself and went “wait that’s not how I do this what am I thinking??” And went and got the tongs. How quickly those blinders can come up sometimes!
Amen brother. It simply was a case of momentary lapse of reason. I knew better. But I just wanted to share my story so others don't let their guard down. These guys are quick and unnecessary bites can potentially happen due to being too comfortable.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Amen brother. It simply was a case of momentary lapse of reason. I knew better. But I just wanted to share my story so others don't let their guard down. These guys are quick and unnecessary bites can potentially happen due to being too comfortable.
Totally! I think it’s important to remember those simple laspes that can occur from time to time! Thanks for sharing it!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Totally! I think it’s important to remember those simple laspes that can occur from time to time! Thanks for sharing it!
No problem at all. Hopefully that'll be the last dumbass thing I do with my Ts! Lol!!!