Nervious

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How nervious did you get the first time your first T molted. I know I'm going to just be a ball of nerves, might have to have my girlfriend hold me lol

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the first time my t molted, it was already done before I noticed. I was able to watch my entire adult G. rosea molt. I didnt worry because she popped (her carapace) after 6 or so hours. What species is molting?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I actually do not have my T yet. But it's going to be a G. rosea. I just have to save up a little more money

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, the chances are good that you will not see it molt. You will wake up and there will be two skins in the cage.

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I still get nervous, but not a lot. Of all the T's I've kept, I've never lost one to a bad moult.

And yes, those are excellent photos.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I still get nervous, but not a lot. Of all the T's I've kept, I've never lost one to a bad moult.

And yes, those are excellent photos.
How many Ts have you had, have you ever had one to have a bad molt

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, my fiancee and roomate freaked out when they saw the T's flipped over on their backs....they thought they were dead.

I am just glad they didnt try to mess with em and flip them back over

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only worry when my G.Rosea pulls a fast one on me and flips over with no prior warning - sometimes she wont bother fasting or building a moult mat or give any other indication that she's about to moult, and thats when I'm most likely to have a moments' panic. It can be quite a shock to look in your tank and see them unexpectedly upside-down, especially when they were plodding about as normal just 10 minutes before.

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah I was pretty nervous with my G. aureostriata juvenile. I got her in premolt and spent the next three weeks waiting for her to do her thing. She blocked herself in her hide and I lifted it up one day to find a spider twice the size of my old one. It was pretty neat.