Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

[Inquiry] Nerd

Discussion in 'Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings' started by smiittyy, Oct 22, 2015.

1. smiittyy

smiittyy Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Any one had any dealings with New England Reptile Distributors? Cant seem to find any reviews on the arachnid side of the business.

thanks

Zach

2. gottarantulas

gottarantulas Arachnoknight Old Timer

There was a review thread for them on Fauna Classifieds.

3. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Very very good shop.. I grew up with kevin (the owner) top notch guy and world class breeder / shop owner..

4. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Admin Note:

Any post that resembled a review has been removed. If you want to post a review, then please do so in the appropriate section. But you can not post reviews in this section or this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)

Debby

5. smiittyy

smiittyy Arachnosquire

Im confused.

Isnt the answer to an inquiry about a shop going to be a review in one form or another?

I appreciated all the responses to this thread. Plan on doing business with Nerd at some point.

6. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Absolutely not, actually. A review is about a specific transaction. A response to an inquiry is more generic in nature, not referring to any specific transaction. It can also be character wise, about the individual person (owner, salesperson, etc.). A review can not be solely about the individual.

For example:

"How is so and so?" "Oh so and so are wonderful and super friendly. You will not be disappointed" <---- Acceptable reply to an inquiry.

"How is so and so?" "Oh so and so sold me a P. metallica. They packed well and had great communication. I highly recommend them" < ---- NOT an acceptable reply to an inquiry.

Hope that helped to clarify. :)

Debby

• Like Like x 1
  7. fowlmoodmandy

fowlmoodmandy Arachnopeon

GA
    So are they actually still in business?

8. smiittyy

smiittyy Arachnosquire

I get it now, thanks

9. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

For the record, I didn't want to post a review; I was trying to answer his question. I'll just PM next time, thanks!

Zach, I had a really good experience with them.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  10. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Yes very much so...

11. Shawnee

Shawnee Arachnosquire

I've found their prices of practically everything to be over what I would buy it for. I think it's a slight case of buying a brand. They are the..front-runners of ball python morphs, and are quite well-known. I typically stick with small-time personal T breeders if I want a tarantula. Like the mom and pop shops over walmart, you know? :p

• Love Love x 1
  12. gottarantulas

gottarantulas Arachnoknight Old Timer

A bit over priced with respect to their T selection, but Kevin and his operation (N.E.R.D.) are renowned in the reptile trade as an innovator, hugely knowledgeable and more upstanding person. i know of someone who has bought snakes from them. You could check out some of their YouTube videos to get a feel for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.