Nephila edulis

doom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,
I have several spiderlings of Nephila edulis. They are in transparent plastic containers for now. But when they grow larger i will move them in a warm room, but problem might be humidity. I measured it and it's 50 - 60%. Is this enough for succesfull molting. What if i spray the web and spiders once a day or more.

Will spiders do fine?

doom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of my spiderlings matured into adult male

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! Do You have pics of the female? I think You can place a bowl with the water in the warm point of the room, so the humidity should rise a bit.
Regards, Matthew.

doom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought several spiderlings from Germany, i don't have a picture of the mother.
Yes, i'll do that.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow look at the palps on that dude!! :clap:
Mating pics ...the public demands it! ;)

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Wow look at the palps on that dude!!
heh at first, when i saw the first picture, i thought it was eating something, then i noticed it didn't seem to be in his mouth. then i saw the second picture and: :eek:

nice looking spiders, i love this genus, but wasn't familiar with the species at all.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heh at first, when i saw the first picture, i thought it was eating something, then i noticed it didn't seem to be in his mouth. then i saw the second picture and: :eek:
bet ya those palps adapted alongside generations of pickier and pickier women. ...:D ...:?

doom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How long will males live? I have two fresh males now.

doom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for misleading you all, but this is not an adult male. I found that yesterday. It molted again. The palps are much thiner now.