Nephila - care to take a guess?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
One beautiful spider!
N. Thailand. A medium large Neph in her web. Body about 1 1/4 inch long, 5 to 6 inch leg span. In general shape quite similar to Clevata. She is completely coal black except for a tiny white stripe across the back of her head. Her legs appear black but with the light behind her they are actually translucent red.
Any idea on an ID?

Sorry, no picture yet. She's very dark, of course, in deep shade, and about 9 feet off the ground so I can't get decent a picture of her.

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
without a pic you're not gonna get much help. and by that i mean, please please please post a pic! I have a bit of a thing for Nephila.

The Snark

Old Timer
I'm seriously working on a pic. Besides the dark and low contrast I've got to stand in several any trails to get the darned shot! And then, I wanted to hold up something light colored behind her, the orb web, but she's got a pseudo cobweb mess there, and right behind that is an argiope I don't want to disturb. What a pain in the tookus!

EXOPET

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nephila kuhli, leg colours vary from yellowish through to red and can be light or very dark

The Snark

Old Timer
Looks like you got it, Exopet. Thanks!
I finally got the pic.

If you ever want to see something amazing, watch a nephila extract leaves from it's web. The precision and delicacy is astounding.