Nephew dropped my millipede

Godzilla90fan

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, I have quite a few millipedes of various species, but my favorites have always been the American millipede. My largest is quite a monster, about 5 inches long, and is INSANELY fast for a millipede. My nephew asked to hold him, and he's held then before, so I said it's okay. Well, he didn't anticipate how fast he would be, and dropped him (my fault).
He has no visible injuries, but fell about 4 feet onto a hard floor. He's as zoom as ever so I'm inclined to believe he's fine, but he randomly curled into a half ball on the surface (he never does that, he digs first). Any advice would be nice :)

Whisper

Arachnopeon
I really hope your millipede will be okay. I don't know if there is really anything you can do, except keep an eye on them and observe.

I'd advise in the future not handling your smaller pets, especially so far from the floor. Fingers crossed they pull through, hope you keep us updated!

Godzilla90fan

Arachnosquire
I really hope your millipede will be okay. I don't know if there is really anything you can do, except keep an eye on them and observe.

I'd advise in the future not handling your smaller pets, especially so far from the floor. Fingers crossed they pull through, hope you keep us updated!
Yeah, that's why I take blame for the fall :( I have been trying to get my niece and nephew more interested in little critters, and these are the safest I could think of to let them get started with handling. I know the millipedes don't like being touched, but I teach them to essentially be a stick to the millipede, and to never 'pet' it. I sadly didn't think of the possibility of him falling because I've never had one fall before in 6 years of keeping this species.

He is eating now, and no longer doing that weird half curl. I'll probably feel better when I see him burrow, hes my oldest one currently.

Whisper

Arachnopeon
I think it's awesome you're getting your nephew into bugs. I have a niece who used to love them, but her mom passed on her own fears :(.

Glad to hear he seems to be doing okay. I think he'll probably pull through.

Godzilla90fan

Arachnosquire
I think it's awesome you're getting your nephew into bugs. I have a niece who used to love them, but her mom passed on her own fears :(.

Glad to hear he seems to be doing okay. I think he'll probably pull through.
Hes burrowed today like all the others, I think he is fine :) thank you!
Yes, their mother is terrified of all "bugs" (I tried telling her they aren't insects) and I'm trying to fight that instinct in them.