Nepenthaceae Genus Nepenthes

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice Nep! Too bad they get so big. Hard to do in an apt.

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This outgrew my lowland terrarium...and now it's in a room with a dehumidifier. :eek:

We'll see how it does in the coming weeks.

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mirabilis Globasa?

I ONLY like ampullaria and ventricosa...
N. mirabilis x N. bicalcarata

N. ampullaria and ventricosa are high up on my list, but I love all Nepenthes. My least favorite is N. mirabilis.

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
N. bicalcarata is awesome. If I had the space, that is the one I'd most like to have.

synoviaus

Arachnopeon
Wow!! That's a great plant! Very beautiful and unusual. Reminds me of the pods in Invasion of the Body Snatcher, but cooler!

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
N. bicalcarata is awesome. If I had the space, that is the one I'd most like to have.
Space isn't as big of an issue as you're making it out to be. There's plenty of Nepenthes that stay fairly small. And you can trim them back if they get too big for your liking. And many species grow extremely slowly, so it's not like they'll be monsters by the end of the month...or year(s). :)

The following were grown in household conditions:
Drooling N. ventrata upper

Young N. ventricosa x sibuyanensis

A freshly opened N. (ventricosa x tiveyi) x truncata

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hamata has such fun looking pitchers. Have you managed to get your hands on a villosa?

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hamata has such fun looking pitchers. Have you managed to get your hands on a villosa?
No...there is a bit of a villosa shortage at the moment, and most private collevtors are unwilling to sell/trade theirs...so far it has illuded me...

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
N.hamata?....they generally cost anywahere between 50-125 bucks, depends on the kind..seedgrown plants cost more than cloned plants. As far as care goes, they like high humidity with day temps between 70-80F with night temps between 50-65F They also need decent lighting.

kjm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow those are some great looking plants