Neoholothele incei set up...

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
So decided to pick one of these up, sling about 2-3cm unsexed, olive form, looking for thoughts on my planned set up, from my research these are heavy webbing species and anchor points are more important than hides, they do well on moist substrate, some burrow...

Be nice to see pictures of other set ups too!

Attachments

Xharyel

Arachnopeon
IME, I like to give it a tad bit more height (just don't overdo it), otherwise mine tend to web up the top of the enclosure which sucks when doing feeding/maintenance.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
@Xharyel has a point. These guys are serious webbers, some height would make it to where you’re not having to destroy its web every time you’re doing anything for it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heavy Webbers

IME I be raised 5, no need for anchors

Definitely burrowed, Many exits entrances like playing whack a mole

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
You can give them a hide, they just won't use a typical terrestrial hide (IME they just web over the entrance and ignore it), get a flat piece of bark and lean it horizontally against a side so that you have multiple exits then surround the exits with twigs/fake plants. None of my Ischnocolinae have ever dug more than a small dent in the sub. Don't have pics of sling setups but this is what I do for juvies/adults.

Heavy Webber setup 1.jpg
Heavy Webber setup 2.jpg

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
You can give them a hide, they just won't use a typical terrestrial hide (IME they just web over the entrance and ignore it), get a flat piece of bark and lean it horizontally against a side so that you have multiple exits then surround the exits with twigs/fake plants. None of my Ischnocolinae have ever dug more than a small dent in the sub. Don't have pics of sling setups but this is what I do for juvies/adults.

View attachment 382475
View attachment 382476
I have something similar waiting for when it gets big enough but it's only 2-3cm at the moment so would be too small to go in that kind of set up, think I'll just keep it simple, hide leaned against the side and water dish, I hear these are fast growers and good eaters so it shouldn't take too long to put on some size.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have something similar waiting for when it gets big enough but it's only 2-3cm at the moment so would be too small to go in that kind of set up, think I'll just keep it simple, hide leaned against the side and water dish, I hear these are fast growers and good eaters so it shouldn't take too long to put on some size.
I'd keep the larger bit of bark and replace the others with fake plants/leaves. If you have a B&M near you then they sell the fake plants I use (20cm potted plants, they're like £3 and come apart easily to make a bunch of smaller plants, I prefer design #2 as you can just poke a hole in the sub and jam the plant in).

Edit: IIRC females take about 2-3 years to reach adult size, their feeding response is insane.