Neoholothele incei communal?

Martsinsects

Arachnopeon
Heyhey everyone,

I would like to have your opion about keeping Neoholothele incei communal.

I know some people keep this species communal and I know some people fail to keep them communal and some people succeed to keep this species communal.
I only have 1 Neoholothele incei but I might want to breed with this species in the furture and if possible I like to keep the slings communal.
What are the do's and donts when keeping them communal and how big is the risk of ending up with only 1 fat spider?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
The risk of ending up with only one Tarantula at the end is quite high. As far as I can recall every communal of Neoholothele incei that I've seen on here has ended badly.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
Heyhey everyone,

I know some people keep this species communal and I know some people fail to keep them communal and some people succeed to keep this species communal.
I only have 1 Neoholothele incei but I might want to breed with this species in the furture and if possible I like to keep the slings communal.
What are the do's and donts when keeping them communal and how big is the risk of ending up with only 1 fat spider?
No one has succeeded with N. incei. What are you talking about? You watch Dark Den’s train wreck of a communal? Several died for that “experiment”

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Neoholothele incei is certainly not communal. Do not try unless you are okay will killing spiders.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I think sitting on your back porch and lighting $10 bills on fire sounds more fun for a similar result

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Heyhey everyone,

I tried a little longer ago.
I kept 4 siblings in one enclosure and they accepted each other, but always seemed stressed. After three months I separated the animals and gave each one an enclosure. The animals were suddenly much more agile and produced a lot more webs!
Meanwhile I am of the opinion that NO tarantula is made for socialization! I even find a communal with adult Balfouris terrible. The fact that the animals do not kill each other permanently does not mean for me that they have a stress-free life because of it.
As I said, I had this one try (luckily no loss) and I won't do that to any spider again!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
At least no animals get hurt when you go that route
exactly. I mean if you wanna burn money, just burn money. Don't spend money on something just to kill it

I think the only way a communal set up would work is it it was huge, like one of those model train build outs that are 10' x 17' (yes I mean FEET) so each animal had it's own territory.

Timc

Arachnosquire
Do’s:
Don’ts: keep multiple tarantulas in the same enclosure.

sasker

Arachnoprince
I think The Dark Den's Petko had some success with keeping them communally. He had two groups of 15 tarantulas. After a few months, seven tarantulas were left of the first group, and four of the other group. So, it was a great success, if losing 19 tarantulas in a few months is your goal.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heyhey everyone,

They are not communal!!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I think The Dark Den's Petko had some success with keeping them communally. He had two groups of 15 tarantulas. After a few months, seven tarantulas were left of the first group, and four of the other group. So, it was a great success, if losing 19 tarantulas in a few months is your goal.
Agreed, it's a great way to whittle down the number of tarantulas.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Do: House them in separate enclosures.
Don't: Try to house them communally.

They're not communal, anyone selling "communal groups" is more concerned with making a quick profit on their unwanted stock than the welfare of their animals.

That was just by the time he rehoused them as juvies, he rehoused both groups into communal setups again and I believe he only had one of each left at the end of it.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
19/30 is roughly 2/3rds death rate. So if you want a good batting average for your Ts survival you are on the right track