Need various invertebate id

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I believe #3 is a schizomid.

5 is an entomobryomorph springtail.
7 is a symphypleonid (globular) springtail.

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1. Some sort of earthworm
2. Rove beetle larvae
6. Slug eggs

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
bugmankeith- Why should anyone reply to those? I think you know what all of those are! Is this a trick question or are you asking for genus/species names because you know what they are 'ordinarily' called?

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
bugmankeith- Why should anyone reply to those? I think you know what all of those are! Is this a trick question or are you asking for genus/species names because you know what they are 'ordinarily' called?
I need specific names, like if it's a slug, what kind of slug is it. Isopod, what species of isopod, there are many. Thats why Im asking.

So far so good, only a few more need id.

Last edited:

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did 11 have little "claspers" at the end of its body? I think it might be some sort of Lepidopteran. o_O

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did 11 have little "claspers" at the end of its body? I think it might be some sort of Lepidopteran. o_O
Yes, it looks like some sort of caterpillar. But in the middle of winter, under a rock, in a web, I have no idea what type, it must eat something dead i'm guessing or fungi.

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Would be nice if you left the original photos up for the rest of us getting to the thread late.

Athelas

Arachnopeon
Were these collected in Long Island? #4 looks like some kind of Porcellionid but what amazing coloration.

Scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in animal behavior? Visit The Birds and the Bees: Things you were
afraid to ask about the secret lives of animals. http://bird-n-bee.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Were these collected in Long Island? #4 looks like some kind of Porcellionid but what amazing coloration.

Scott

Interested in animal behavior? Visit The Birds and the Bees: Things you were
afraid to ask about the secret lives of animals. http://bird-n-bee.blogspot.com
Yes, but I didnt collect them, I photographed them in their natural habitat and left them alone, this was at an undisturbed park in the woods, untouched for many years. Usually that looks likes this, but with more yellow specks. I'll have to go back and get a photo of a normal one.

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
That last photo reminds me of the Iridovirus thread on here a few months back. Like Scott said, prob. Porcellio genus. Nice shade of mustard.

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The isopod looks like Philoscia muscorum, possibly infected with the aforementioned Iridovirus.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is that the same as finding orange sowbugs?

Glad I got that i.d'd, anyone know the rest?