Need urgent help!!!!!!

turtleboy

Arachnopeon
Hi, I was changing out my Black Emperor Scorpion tank and I had to answer the door cause someone came over. Then I found my cat in the cage with the scorpion and he bit one of it's pinchers/claws off. What do I do? I'm pretty sure they don't grow back, but, I would just like to keep it alive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It should be fine. Do not freak out.

Is it leaking badly from the wound?

Or has it stopped leaking or clotted yet?

If you can see a dripping coming from wound, then you need to help stop the leak and start a clot.

I'm not experienced in this, so hopefully others will chime in shortly with instructions, but if it is going to "bleed out", I would personally try to apply small piece of unscented toilet paper or paper towel to the wound.

That is a stop gap measure, but should not be used if you do not see leakage happening. If it has stopped leaking, then let it be, it will heal and be fine.

Other info should be coming later from others here. Good luck.

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it should be ok after a few days it it lives
worse things happen in the wild and they still make it

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it is "bleeding" you could try to seal the wound with superglue or nailpolish if the glue doesn't work...If it is not, you don't have to do anything, the haemolymph will coagulate and seal the wound.

turtleboy

Arachnopeon
So far so good, it isn't bleeding anymore, and I have her separated from the other one right now. She is still pretty active, but testy, obviously, but looks like she'll make it. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice I really appreciate it.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We're all here to help and learn! I'd keep her separated from other scorpions and feeders for 2 weeks. She should be fine after that. Of course if anyone here thinks that is not long enough, please chime in.

Glad she's okay... :)

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just to reitterate what every one else has said. Your scorpion should be able to do anything a full bodied scorpion should be able to do. I've had a lot of scorpion missing various parts. Honestly it should do just fine.

John