Need to put on some extra weight?

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got a T that's got an undersized abdomen, I mean it's really small. I wanted to see if anyone knew how to get it back on his feet. It's pretty active and voraciously killed the silly cricket that got too close.(poor son of a )
But anyway I heard their butt er...abdomen can get this way when they haven't fed in a long while. Is this true, if so what type of prey can fatten it back up into proper shape? If not, then what is this? Is it normal, because it doesn't look normal.
Thanks

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i've personaly only had tiny abdomins after a molt, how big is the T? offer it a couple crickets say 1-3 at a time, i personaly feed after a molt every 3-4 days 1-3 crickets at a time and it works quite well for putting weight back on a skinny T.

oh and skooma rocks....i want that recipe! :O

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's about 5-6", and doesn't look like it molted recently. Specifically, what types of feeders are good "weight gainers"? roaches, worms, crickets ect. It readily feeds on anything, even a pair of tongs look appetizing! :drool:

Oh yeah, no one gets my skooma recipe!!!!!!

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just wondering what type of T it was???

as far as puting on weight at that size you could try geting some feeder roachs one or two a week should do the trick, just don't feed like this all the time.:razz:

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wonder if meal worms would help fatten your tarantula out a little bit. I have read on this forum that meal worms have more fat content than crickets and roaches. Though Ive also read that meal worms should not form the bulk of the tarantula's diet because of the fat they provide.

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been giving it mealworms the last three days about one a day and it readily feeds. N.chromatus by the way. I'll try to get a pic when it comes out to play.
Oh yeah, what's a golith worm and how do I get one. Don't wanna feed a mouse, they get real messy come clean up time I could imagine.