need to be transfered to a bigger housing?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is my A.Genic. does he need to be transfered to a new home? or wait until the next molt, or maybe even after 2 molts? size of housing doesnt affect tarantula's max size right? btw this is him/her:

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
give it a hide and wait for the next moult and itll be ready to move on up..:)

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The size of this enclosure will not make a difference in his size and is not too small. Your tarantula is fine in that but can be rehoused if you really want to. They don't need a lot of room to be happy and moving causes stress, so it is best to leave him be unless really needed.

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what if on the next molt i still let him stay there? i have problems moving genics because they kick a lot of hairs and m a little sensitive, i avoid the hair kicking as much as possible...

@jamesc: can i use the housing till he's almost the same size of his home?

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I guess you could, I would rehouse before then though. One or 2 more molts is all I would wait.

If you have a larger enclosure just fix it up and place the cup into the new enclosure with the lid off. Eventually he will probably venture out, if not, give him a little nudge. Once he is out just remove the old cup. Might take a few hours, might take a few days, but won't hurt anything to leave the cup in the new enclosure for a little while.

Another way is a cup over him and slide something underneath and move him to the new house and then slide the lid, paper, or whatever you used out. Then remove the cup and put the lid on. No hairs should get on you that way.