Need some more experienced thoughts on this situation.

WaltRBuck

Arachnopeon
I'm going to attach some pics of my golden blue-legged baboon and the situation I found it in today.

I'm slightly worried if it got stuck. Above it is cork bark. Below it should be looser moveable dirt. It is indeed a live, and so far well as far as I can tell.
My initial (and current guess) is that it is okay.

My concern is this: It is in premolt, I'm almost 100% sure. If it got stuck due to a dropping piece of cork bark on it's way to bunker down for its molt, I think it could be disasterous. It is literally half in half out of a hole that is just about half a mm larger than it's abdomen, with 4 legs in and 4 out two on either side. I'm extremely hesitant to disturb it in anyway, but I'll be devastated if it was a simple and preventable situation but it dies because nothing was done. My instinct is to leave it alone for now. I've done some research that suggests the same thing, but having others opinions can also be more reassuring and helpful, not to mention the incite they can give.

The pictures won't show the hole, but hopefully from the details, including the relative thickness of the spider, an idea of the size, substrate condition, and cork bark above it can be ascertained.

Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Your Instinct is right,I believe.T,s do this a lot better than we ever will.They will reinforce any burrows.The risk is when we interfere.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Intervening is almost always advocated against, and this does not warrant that. Maybe its the photos but I dont see anything out of the ordinary.

WaltRBuck

Arachnopeon
So, the spider is indeed okay. I had that feeling. I was just worried because it looked like the cork bark had wedge right between the cephalothorax and abdomen. Instinct said to leave it alone. You all said the same and with the reassurance, I left it alone. It is back out today and in its favorite hidey hole. Everyone is happy. Lol. Anyway, Thanks much for the advice and, as it turns out, reassurance.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
So, the spider is indeed okay. I had that feeling. I was just worried because it looked like the cork bark had wedge right between the cephalothorax and abdomen. Instinct said to leave it alone. You all said the same and with the reassurance, I left it alone. It is back out today and in its favorite hidey hole. Everyone is happy. Lol. Anyway, Thanks much for the advice and, as it turns out, reassurance.
That’s what AB is here for, over time you’ll get used to knowing what is and it’s worth concern, and reading amd utilizing the search function to find threads on various topics will help you see answers to things other people have asked relating to care and behavior. Search search search read read read, last enjoy your creatures!