Need some info about scorplings

Spyder b

Arachnosquire
So does anyone know when you should feed the scorplings for the first time? I just put the put brood in their own separate containers and when I tried to feed them these flightless fruit flies they just run away from them any suggestions? Should I feed them that or just cut up a cricket and leave parts for them? They were born on July 29th if that helps.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What species? Ime it can take a week or 2 or so for them to eat. Go with tiny pinhead crickets. I never had any success getting them to eat cricket parts. Believe me, when they get hungry enough they are quite capable of taking down a cricket almost their own size

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok, try to get them some small cricket in a few days. If they are ready to eat it can be quite entertaining to watch them get ''em haha

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
C sculpts usually eat within a few days of being separated from mama if they are hardened up enough
I made a rhyme that makes it simple to remember when to take them and put them in their own tanks

If they glow .... they're ready to go

Use a UV light and see if they glow as much as mama .... if they don't. .. leave them with her