Need some ideas for whats next?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I have a spare 18x18x24 exo terra, looking for ideas on what to put in it? I am open to anything, does not have to be a tarantula oe even an invert. Any recommendations? I got a good deal on it so now I need to put something in it....

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
I would say a large Amblypygi such as the Damon genus but man that's alot of space for one.
Perhaps a moss terrarium or dart frogs?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I used to keep cresties. Good idea and they don’t require and special lighting. I was also thinking whip scorpions.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a spare 18x18x24 exo terra, looking for ideas on what to put in it? I am open to anything, does not have to be a tarantula oe even an invert. Any recommendations? I got a good deal on it so now I need to put something in it....
If you have the cash, Uroplatus genus are awesome, I used to keep a few species.

Or some type of frog

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
U. sikorae, fimbratus, henkelii, phantasticus all cool species.
Always wanted a large viv with Phelsuma sp. and Uroplatus sp. cohabitating. Day and night activity.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 might have turned me on to something, looking at Uroplatus sikorae, these guys are very unique looking.
I’ve owned this species and a sikorae sub species as well.

They are my absolute favorite, their moss like skin is incredible for camo!

Henkeli are slightly more docile.

Satanics are smaller but are awesome too!

They are all easy to care for.

There’s no genus of lizard out there that is so well camouflaged IMO/IME

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
U. sikorae, fimbratus, henkelii, phantasticus all cool species.
Always wanted a large viv with Phelsuma sp. and Uroplatus sp. cohabitating. Day and night activity.
I remember when they were all only 100-200$ each for CB

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I remember when they were all only 100-200$ each for CB
Yep and very common. Seems like every LPS had P. madagascarensis Grandis, P. standingi, and at least one species of Uroplatus. While not super rare now you have to hunt a bit to find some.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep and very common. Seems like every LPS had P. madagascarensis Grandis, P. standingi, and at least one species of Uroplatus. While not super rare now you have to hunt a bit to find some.
Yeah very common! But Madagascar shut down exports either completely or very reduced. Hence price increases etc

If I drop only 300-500$ for a single lizard it will be a panther cham

Uroplatus easier to keep, but not as active.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Yeah very common! But Madagascar shut down exports either completely or very reduced. Hence price increases etc
I'm fine with Madagascar shutting down. Phelsuma and Uroplatus are easy to reproduce, they just don't reproduce in vast numbers. 2 eggs per clutch.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm fine with Madagascar shutting down. Phelsuma and Uroplatus are easy to reproduce, they just don't reproduce in vast numbers. 2 eggs per clutch.
I waited for my henkeli due to this.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
P Rufliata or P Ornata and if you wanna go crazy, P ornata with the frog it cohabitates with