Need some answers please

jcmbibb311

Arachnopeon
Best not to reach your hand into any tarantula enclosure, especially if you don’t need to. It could mistake you as food OR get threatened and bite. Either way wouldn’t be fun. As others said, use long tongs, they come in handy for many things.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I agree with everyone here. It's not a good idea to reach your hand directly into an enclosure. Tarantulas in general have very poor eyesight; most can see light/ dark and movement. A hungry spider could easily mistake a finger as food and tag you. Also, keep in mind that a tarantula sees you as a potential predator, and if it feels cornered, it may flick hairs or attempt to bite in order to defend itself. It's best to use tongs to do maintenance, just don't feed them with tongs. A very food motivated tarantula can actually run up the tongs and bite during feeding time.

CamranT

Arachnopeon
Those pink toe bolts can be unpredictable for a new world too. Definitely need tongs

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
A look at the enclosure could shed a little light. A well-settled-in tarantula that has a hide it considers its safe spot shouldn't per se attack, but retreat into that hide.

CamranT

Arachnopeon
A look at the enclosure could shed a little light. A well-settled-in tarantula that has a hide it considers its safe spot shouldn't per se attack, but retreat into that hide.
True. My Avic would rather run farther in that chase me down.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
This!!!! Yes. Could be the OP has a crazy Avicularia...

Could you please post pictures of the enclosure?

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I always use thongs. I mean I wear a thong when doing maintenance

Oh, I was supposed to use tongs ☹. Figured I was doing something wrong.

ratmilk

Arachnopeon

is it normal for my pink toe to run after my hand when I need to reach in?
I'd suggest watching some youtube videos for tarantula husbandry! I'm new to the hobby and it really helped with knowing how to handle them sensibly and what to expect. Starting point for research above :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I'd suggest watching some youtube videos for tarantula husbandry! I'm new to the hobby and it really helped with knowing how to handle them sensibly and what to expect. Starting point for research above :)
I hope you don't mean physically handle the tarantula.... There's no need to, it doesn't do the tarantula ANY good

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Ugg. You tube sucks for husbandry advice. There are very few that are worth the time and some down right dangerous/stupid. Tom Moran is all I can really recommend for contemporary advice.

ratmilk

Arachnopeon
I hope you don't mean physically handle the tarantula.... There's no need to, it doesn't do the tarantula ANY good
Nooo, I would never pick up a tarantula unless I absolutely have to. I mean handling in terms of moving from tank to tank etc.

Ugg. You tube sucks for husbandry advice. There are very few that are worth the time and some down right dangerous/stupid. Tom Moran is all I can really recommend for contemporary advice.
Well, apart from Tom Moran, what do you recommend to watch how to move and care for tarantulas safely?

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Well, apart from Tom Moran, what do you recommend to watch how to move and care for tarantulas safely?
Most everything else on you tube is entertainment. Tom Moran and experience is all one would really need (and AB of course). Figure out a reasonable ladder system and work yourself through it. Also, keeping slings gives you experience keeping slings and not full-on adult T's. Remember that.

You have found the best place to learn about tarantulas on the web. Engage the folks here and you will learn volumes.

Andre Pacheco

Arachnopeon
Nooo, I would never pick up a tarantula unless I absolutely have to. I mean handling in terms of moving from tank to tank etc.

You have dark den, tarantula collective or exotics lair. They have a lot of Ts and if your are new to the hobby you will learn a lot

Andre Pacheco

Arachnopeon
Entertainment only but they are all experienced keepers. And you get a lot of usefull advices. I read books and watch videos. The important is to get the usefull information from what you watch and use it to improve. I would easily follow their advise than yours