Need new friends...

sfmajik

Arachnopeon
I was just wondering if there is anyone that lives in Chicago or in the surounding suburbs?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sure, there are a number of us. I live outside of Chicago. You know what might be a good idea if you are looking for new friends that have the same interests? Try going to one of the Watson's all pet shows. There is one tomorrow at the Dupage county fairgrounds. It is all pet but there are a lot of T's, scorpions, some centipedes and millis and lots of snakes. Check it out.

Count Tarantula

Arachnopeon
I live near Chicago

I live about an hour outside of Chicago and I also will be attending The Dupage animal expo/Lee Watson Swap.;P

sfmajik

Arachnopeon
sounds a bit creepy "need new freinds"
Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to sound creepy. Its just that the friends that I have now aren't into T's or reptiles. I work the graveyard shift in a call center so if I sometimes don't make sense its from the lack or sleep or the fact that I stay awake for 19-21 hours a day. So that Lee Watson/expo is that the one in Wheaton IL now? Is it this weekend, can't make it this weekend, can do Feb 4 I need some rats for my boa I think:? .

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, it is tomorrow. January 20. Go to the website and it will give you all of the dates. Its at the Dupage county fairgrounds and I don't know what town that is in, it could be Wheaton, I'm not sure. I wish I could meet up with all of you guys and talk spiders but I can't tomorrow. I have to whiz in, pick up a spider, drop off a spider, and whiz back out. I'm having a party tomorrow night so I need to get back home and get ready.
No problem getting rats for your snake there. I buy my rats and mice for my snakes there too. They have both live and f/t, and good prices. A lot better than what you would pay at a reptile store.

Jonathan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Invert club

Hey,
There is some interest in forming an invert club in the area. Early fall there were some attempts between some guys on the boards and the ATS forum. Adam Jansen was taking names/info at the swap for potential invert club members. If you are interested visit him tomorrow, or any other day for that matter. He has a table there, so he seems to be the liason for all this. He has long hair and glasses, and usually sells Tarantula's, as well as some reptile's. Hope this helps!
Jon
PS
Here is the website:
http://www.reptileswap.com/

Last edited:

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I'm still up for one, though I spend alot less $/time on inverts compared to years gone by...
T

FOOTBALL FAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to sound creepy. Its just that the friends that I have now aren't into T's or reptiles. I work the graveyard shift in a call center so if I sometimes don't make sense its from the lack or sleep or the fact that I stay awake for 19-21 hours a day. So that Lee Watson/expo is that the one in Wheaton IL now? Is it this weekend, can't make it this weekend, can do Feb 4 I need some rats for my boa I think:? .
I was only joking really but then I saw graveyard but was relieved to see shift after it lol

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I was only joking really but then I saw graveyard but was relieved to see shift after it lol
Working in the graveyard wouldn't be so bad.....
BUT working the graveyard shift IN the graveyard, well now that would be creepy. Probably a grave robber even ;)

sfmajik

Arachnopeon
Just curious?

Does anyone know if Botar is going to be at the next Lee Watson/expo? I guess I could ask Botar himself but, thought I would ask you guys fist. Secondly any of you guys going to the next show?

bigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think you should ask him since nobody was at the last show(1/20) to represent him. He will randomly show up at the show but usually there would be some one else representing him