Need ID and help :(

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
image.jpg I found a scorpion under a log in San Diego County, and I want to know the species, basic care, and if it might be gravid or just fat. Thanks!

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
Bump! Not really, but this is urgent! I need the specific care requirements and whether or not it is pregnant!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Looks like a plump Desert Hairy to me. Ten gallon tank. Sand and hide. Low humidity. Maybe lightly mist once a month. Small water dish. Don't expect it to molt.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
@RTTB Mine has looked "pre molt" for about 2 months now. I got it SUPER fat and dull very sluggish but it kept eating. Until 3 days ago it started to reject food

What are the issues with these molting?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea that's why I believe he is in pre molt but I hear many people talk about how these have issues molting in captivity. Why?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Word has it that it's rare for them to molt in captivity.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Rare??? So they just die off most of the time as juvis in captivity? . This makes me worried about em now

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
When adults I'm sure yea. But look at him hese a balloon and his new exo is clearly visible. I cant imagine hell survive not being able to mol having to stay like this....... he just started to reject food and flick it away with his tail. Makes me think hese getting closer to "needing" the molt