Need honest advice..Please!

MeAndMyRosie

Arachnopeon
you can find them for sale from online breeders. Tarantula Canada for example, but i dont think they have any in stock right now..
No they do not have any of those. I am actually starting to deal with that breeder now instead of the other. It is a little harder to get some of those US spiders into Canada.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Did you not just post pics of E sp. Red's? I was speaking of the pics posted.
I did, but you didn't specify in your post what species you were referring to, as I mentioned 2.

Not hard to keep at all. One of the easiest IMO. 3/4" is fine. They are often sold as 1/4 and 1/3". So 3/4" is pretty large hah.

I raised slings.

MeAndMyRosie

Arachnopeon
I did, but you didn't specify in your post what species you were referring to, as I mentioned 2.

Not hard to keep at all. One of the easiest IMO. 3/4" is fine. They are often sold as 1/4 and 1/3". So 3/4" is pretty large hah.

I raised slings.
Thanks viper for your appreciated advice. The breeder I am now dealing with now has 1/2" to 3/4" and I just did not want to be able to care for them that small.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
No they do not have any of those. I am actually starting to deal with that breeder now instead of the other. It is a little harder to get some of those US spiders into Canada.
TC is where i buy 90% of my spiders, great dealers and people.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I love the E sp. Red's docile behavior and everybody recommends them, but they are not easy to find for me. If you can get a 3/4" one you are doing well. I got tired of looking for them and ended up with three 1/4" size slings. Two out three of my E Sp. Red slings have burrowed and I haven't seen them for almost a month now. The other one is eating a little better lately but all of them were hit or miss on eating. As a beginner myself, the E Sp. Red slings are a very frustrating experience.

My G. pulchripes (Chaco golden knee) slings are very docile so far. They have eat well. One out of my three G. Pulchripes has disappeared in a burrow but the other two are visible but are staying back in their hide because I think they are in nearing molt. They were staying out in the open previously.

Eupalaestrus Campestratus is another docile T, but may be hard to find in a larger size. But if you get slings they may burrow a lot as well until they become adults. All three of my tiny slings are burrowing in the substrate.

Best of luck to you in finding what you want.

MeAndMyRosie

Arachnopeon
I love the E sp. Red's docile behavior and everybody recommends them, but they are not easy to find for me. If you can get a 3/4" one you are doing well. I got tired of looking for them and ended up with three 1/4" size slings. Two out three of my E Sp. Red slings have burrowed and I haven't seen them for almost a month now. The other one is eating a little better lately but all of them were hit or miss on eating. As a beginner myself, the E Sp. Red slings are a very frustrating experience.

My G. pulchripes (Chaco golden knee) slings are very docile so far. They have eat well. One out of my three G. Pulchripes has disappeared in a burrow but the other two are visible but are staying back in their hide because I think they are in nearing molt. They were staying out in the open previously.

Eupalaestrus Campestratus is another docile T, but may be hard to find in a larger size. But if you get slings they may burrow a lot as well until they become adults. All three of my tiny slings are burrowing in the substrate.

Best of luck to you in finding what you want.
Thanks Jeff

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Thanks Jeff
You are welcome. One other comment. Please take some of what I said with a "grain of salt". What I stated was my observations since I am not at the expert level of many others on this forum. The 3/4" E. Sp. Red may burrow less since that is a much larger size relative to this species' full grown size. If you provide it a nice hide for privacy that may help discourage burrowing as well.

If you can get it at a good price, I think you might want to consider getting the "Red" even if you choose another different T soon in addition that eats more often and grows faster. The E. Campestratus and E. Sp. Red were my first two T's. I quickly bought another T when I decided that I wanted a more active spider to spice up things while these two species were growing. Of course I will admit that this hobby is like heroin for me. I am addicted so my spider count has went up fast. :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes... totally Agree! Been speaking to them for the past few days. Most of all their stuff are as slings, so that's why I asked if raising is hard?
Not at 3/4" inch for Reds. Even when smaller, not hard. What is hard for some is obtaining prey small enough. Though they will scavenge feed. I would search the forum, if you haven't already, on E sp Red. I've written a lot about them for people interested at various points this past year.