Need help

Ginger25

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I will try to describe the problem in detail. This is my first scorpion and I have had it for almost 1.5 years. A couple of months ago, these strange spots appeared on his legs, tail and claws. He is still periodically active (as before), drinks, eats normally; just started walking in a strange way: when he climbs into his shelter or just walks, one of his legs trembles when he puts it on the surface. And the other day he noticed that he could not fully extend his right arm forward. I do not know if this is related to these spots, but I hope that it can be somehow fixed. Additional information: coconut substrate in his terrarium, humidity 80-90%, temperature 27-28⁰С; the seller said that the scorpion is already an adult and will not shed.
I would be grateful for any advice.
P.S. Sorry for possible mistakes in the text, I am not an English speaker.

Attachments

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Hello everyone, I will try to describe the problem in detail. This is my first scorpion and I have had it for almost 1.5 years. A couple of months ago, these strange spots appeared on his legs, tail and claws. He is still periodically active (as before), drinks, eats normally; just started walking in a strange way: when he climbs into his shelter or just walks, one of his legs trembles when he puts it on the surface. And the other day he noticed that he could not fully extend his right arm forward. I do not know if this is related to these spots, but I hope that it can be somehow fixed. Additional information: coconut substrate in his terrarium, humidity 80-90%, temperature 27-28⁰С; the seller said that the scorpion is already an adult and will not shed.
Those look like mites as they tend to congregate around the soft joints. There are probably 30 people here that will quickly give you treatment suggestions ricky tick.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
If your scorpion was adult when it was purchased, and you've had for 1.5 years you may find its pretty old now and near the end. The mites have gathered in those places as it's moist there. I would leave well alone, any cleaning or substrate changing will only cause more stress.

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
If your scorpion was adult when it was purchased, and you've had for 1.5 years you may find its pretty old now and near the end.
Yea well don´t most emperor scorpions live to like 3 years as a adult? I would not know I have never kept scorpions.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Yea well don´t most emperor scorpions live to like 3 years as a adult? I would not know I have never kept scorpions.
Well it could have been a 4/5 year old adult when purchased. The seller just said it was adult.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Also, this is an Asian forest scorpion, not an emperor. So likely a wildcaught adult of unknown age. You can never know how long they last.

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
Also, this is an Asian forest scorpion, not an emperor. So likely a wildcaught adult of unknown age. You can never know how long they last.
Oh i see. Yea I hate how Forest scorpions are usually wild caught. I have always wanted one, but I try not to get live caught inverts.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
You can definitely find them captive bred as well. Just have to search a bit more.