Need help

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You're overthinking it completely...which was why the "funny" icon was used. I, and many many others, have been using that soil for years, some even decades...if there were an issue, I can 100% gaurantee we'd know by now, as already mentioned. Earthgro is just fine. So yes, I did find your concern in the face of all the people using it to be funny....don't take offense:)
No offense taken, I was just pointing out the little info that is given in the ingredients as we were talking about other soils having a percentage of unknown as well. Before it was deemed safe somebody had to test it and spread the word. Yet, still safe as it seems we do not know what is in it for sure.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
*Googles dart frog forums as they have extensive experience with live plants and sensitive critters*
That's the best place for tropical substrate info for New World tropical frogs. Many, maybe most, use ABG, as do many zoos. Though ABG is not necessary for tropical Ts. IMO it wouldn't hurt, but I haven't tried it myself. I do know someone on the forum has tried it and had no issues.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Generally speaking is their truth to their claims, or are the claims factual for only a minuscule amount of cases?
There is truth, but there is truth to the safety of using hardware stuff too. Just need to know what you are looking for and how to prepare it.

Ryanh97

Arachnopeon
Thanks to everyone on here who helped me. I know it's a bad picture but I woke up to her finishing her molt and thought I'd let everyone know that 1.) I fixed her enclosure the next day and 2.) she has molted and is doing well.

Attachments