Need help!

RoseT

Arachnosquire
so my b smithi molted today in the morning, didnt get to see the entire thing looked like it was going normal.. when i got home from work he looked like this.....Im just worried he might be dehydrated, didnt molt well, etc?..Can anyone tell me what I got here?..Thanks..

SPIDEY1.JPG

SPIDEY2.JPG

=(

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like its having a good stretch. Tarantula need to stretch out their larger new bodies that have been squeezed into their smaller bodies. Its a race against time before the body hardens so it will pump out the legs, bend, stretch and repeat. Its a good idea to keep disturbance down to an absolute minimum for the next few days, over a week for an adult, and not feed it until its finished. The moulting process is when your tarantula is at its weakest, but they've been doing this since before humans walked the earth, they'll get along fine without our help. Sit back and enjoy the show.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
oh ok...cause its just laying there in poki mode....Im fairly new to this, and all my other T's usually burrow in their molt process and dont come out until they are ready So I dont get to see this side of them...Appreciate the replies...