Need Help!

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I really need help with moving my corn snake. My family is driving to Seattle, WA from Kansas city, KS. I really don't want to give him up, but I will as a last resort. I also can't ship him, trust me if I had the money, I would. I really don't want to stress him out too bad. I also have no idea what to store him in.. I don't think a shoebox will cut it for my 3ft boy.. My dog is also riding along- if that changes anything..

Thanks so much
emily

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always used pillow cases to move my snakes in the past. Put the snake in the case and tie a knot in it or tie it with a string close to the snake so that it can't move around too much. Then put the case in a box to protect it from getting squashed and away you go. As long as it doesn't get too hot or cold it should be fine, so don't put it in the moving truck or a trailer.

Good luck,
---Jen

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am leaving tomarrow to move to tennissie from california. its going to be a 3 day trip. im bringing all of my animals and the reptiles will are allready in there pellow cases ready to go. before you leave on your trip be sure to soak your snake in a bit of water for about 30 min or so. that should be all the water he will need on the trip but if you feel like he could use a drink feel free to soak him at night after your done driving... set him up in a pellow case inside a tuperwhere container that has air holes punched in it.. they can breath threw the pillow case fine so dont worry about that part of it.

good luck on your trip.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
also.. make sure that there is no food left over in his belly for the trip or you might end up with a regurgitation. go ahead and stop feeding him for about 2 weeks before you go. that will help insure theyre is no probloms with digestion allong the way..

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks so much! I've decided to tie him in a pillowcase and stick him in a box that is bungee-corded shut. I've also taped the handles shut on the inside with cloth. I just really don't want him to get out =]

thanks for your help