need help with this gal...

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I adopted a 3 inch G. rosea today...she is horribly dehydrated and i've tried the good ole paint brush technique to get her to drink and haven't succeeded...any ideas on how i can get this girl to drink?

Risto

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey man

as for actual DRINKING, it sounds rough, but literally place the T over the water dish (make sure its big enough) and then leave it in a nice dark warm room.

if worse comes to worse, people will literally place the Ts mouth right over the water, too...

usually the T will take over from there.

try those things for now and check back..
i think raising the humidity a bit and putting the T over the water dish will help.

it may also need some time to acclimate, though with the few dehydrated Ts that i've nursed back, they start drinking right away when i put them over the dish.

how big is the waterdish?

also, if youre having humidity issues, try wet paper towels covering the whole of the cage top-- that won't help the actual hydration of the T, but it will raise the humidity and droplet count (rosea is a more 'dry-species', but you still need humidity)

good luck again man
peace
dave

Last edited:

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i took a cap off of a 2 liter pepsi bottle and i'm using it for the water dish right now. is it too small?

Risto

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nevermind! hah, i just went upstairs in my room to check on her and try your method with i found her already drinking!
she's a real beautiful rosehair and i would have hated to lose her to dehydration...thanks anyway Dave!

Risto

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sure thing :)

i find it very difficult to lose a T to dehydration (barring any crazy circumstances)...

most will just go crazy and start drinking if you put them anywhere near water!

glad to hear its going well!
peace
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
plan on posting any pictures? :)

watch her be a total vicious little girl eh? (grin) ah, the irony.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
actually i think i'm gonna just end up borrowing my bro's digital camera to post pics of all my T's...and she's a total pet rock, lol.
i've held her a few times.

Risto