need help with t blondy

johnsummitt

Arachnopeon
hi i got a bird eating tarantula (t-blon) i had him for 3 months he has eating so far 3 mice and 2 large gut crickets now he has not eating a thing for 2 months he has been drinking water but wont touch food he is walking funny dont know if he going to molt i bought him at a pet store but the ppl there dont know anything about him i been giving him spring water from a bottle for drinking cause where i live its been dry here and the water comp been adding alot of chorine in the water here thats why i been giving him spring water from a bottle. can some one out there help me and how can you tell when he molting are getting ready to molt. my email addy is ozzy22@wildmail.com ....thank u

Last edited by a moderator:

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well first off a lot of people will probably tell you not to feed it mice. Stick with insects. "Crickets, roaches, etc..".

A picture of the tarantula and its enclosure would probably help. Could be an upcoming molt though.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Try give it a rat! lol just jokes! STOP FEEDING MICE!

Try put a pic up! of the T and enclosure! then we can see if we can help

so its silly that the pet shop doesnt know anything about
the T hey? but tal me why did you buy it then when you clearly dont
know anything about them either!?
Anyway try get a pic up! so we can see if we can help, for the tarantula(that i feel sorry for)

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My first tarantula was bought from a pet store almost 3 years ago. I knew nothing about them at the time either. It was an impulsive buy, and I basically just wanted something that would eat mice.

Here I am years later, loving the hobby, always getting more, and most importantly not feeding them mice. Haha

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Duh!?!

I was thinking the other day, while purchasing some new T's, about getting a T. blondie. I decided against it because I didn't want to have to keep a bunch of feeder mice handy!

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Was that a serious comment haha? Don't feed them mice. Just because they're big and can, doesn't mean its good for them.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Hi!
I got a T. blondi.
I've had him for 3 months, and he's eaten three mice and two large gut loaded crickets so far, but he hasn't eaten a thing for two months. He's been drinking water, but won't touch any food!
He's also walking funny...
I have no idea if he's in premolt or not.
I actually bought him at a petstore, but they didn't know a thing about him.
Anyways, I've been giving him spring water from a bottle; The water company adds a lot of chlorine into our water because of the dry weather.

Can anyone out there help me?
Also, how do you tell if he is molting or getting ready to molt?
Email me at ozzy22@wildmail.com

Thanks guys!
Yeah, avoid feeding mice.
He may be in premolt, I've read these guys fast a long time before and after a molt, and after eating 3 mice, he may be right full!
But the "walking funny" part might be a concern.
Any chance you can get pics of your spider, it's enclosure or even a vid of him walking? Or perhaps describe the walking part a bit more, and how you are keeping it?

hope alls well.

Last edited by a moderator:

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
And this thread is only 6 posts old and its so far:-

T blondy?
T blon?
T blondie?

Just for you to know its T blondi !!!

Thank goodness you use the 'T' and not Theraphosa !

Lol! not degrading any of you, just hope to help

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Was that a serious comment haha? Don't feed them mice. Just because they're big and can, doesn't mean its good for them.

It was a joke, I actually didn't get one because I have seen recently alot of people having the same problems with theirs. It seems the common denominator though is that at some point they all have fed them mice or over fed them.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
It was a joke, I actually didn't get one because I have seen recently alot of people having the same problems with theirs. It seems the common denominator though is that at some point they all have fed them mice or over fed them.
You want a better common denominator? try wild cought!!!

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nobody is really being a smartass. Were just saying don't feed your tarantula mice. Its no good for them and its risky. Mice can easily hurt/ kill a tarantula.

The walking funny could be many things. If its slow and sluggish its probably premolt. "Which Im guessing it is anyways".

If you get a picture of the tarantula and the enclosure post it here and you will get more help.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
why are you all being a smart ass all im asking is for help
Ignore the smartass comments, focus on the few that are actually trying to help you.

Pics? Describe the funny walking?
Describe how you are keeping it (temps, humidity, enclosure)?
Describe the spider (size? Mature male, or immature?)

We need more info to help you out.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Spend some time here and you will find out! (Cause we also feel sorry for the T's)

But like i said i would like to help!!!
post some pics of the T and enclosure!