Need Help With My Singapore Blue

BlueTarantula11

Arachnopeon
Alright I have a Fameale Singapore Blue. She mostly spend her time insinde her hide out. I always sheck up on her to make sure shes doing ok. Yesterday I checked on her and she was doing fine.
I alway mover her log but touch her. She always moves when I move the log atleast once.
Well just right now I checked up on her again. I moved the log and she didnt move at all. I moved it a couple more times withought touching her and she still wouldnt move when she always does.
Tomorrow morning ill take a look at her closely and see if she moves.
Do you guys know maybe why she wasnt moving?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
you might want to stop messing with it every day. How is the enclosure set up?

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd say leave her alone tbh. They have a reputation, they'll repeatedly strike and their venom is not to be sniffed at. They're also quick on their toes.
Singapore Blues are often secretive, you'll stress it out if you keep checking up on it the way you're suggesting, and that could lead to a bolt for freedom.
They are very noctural and shy away from light.
If its feeding well, kept moist, with a suitable hide it will do well. Check on its abdomen, if its nicely round it should be fine. Do you know when it last moulted?

OrdoMallus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd say leave her alone tbh. They have a reputation, they'll repeatedly strike and their venom is not to be sniffed at. They're also quick on their toes.
Singapore Blues are often secretive, you'll stress it out if you keep checking up on it the way you're suggesting, and that could lead to a bolt for freedom.
They are very noctural and shy away from light.
If its feeding well, kept moist, with a suitable hide it will do well. Check on its abdomen, if its nicely round it should be fine. Do you know when it last moulted?
I do have a question now that you've brought it up. I have 2 Lampropelma violaceopes and I'm curious if I should start to worry a bit now as its been about 4-5 weeks since I've seen her. She was in premolt and made a large burrow for herself and a webstructure that goes 6-8" up the background. But I'm wondering when I should start to worry about her? I estimated she'd probably be in premolt for about 4 weeks before she molted so I'm hitting that 5 week timeframe and not sure if I should expect she had a bad molt or anything. Just wondering what's a bit of a ballpark for premolt and molting time on a ~6" female?

I do realize they are secretive and shy from the light but she was almost always out in the open previously, I rarely bother her or open the tank besides misting or feeding. She's in a 10 Gallon vertical with a plexiglass front and corkbark siliconed and cut to fit and fit as a background with approximately 4-5" of substrate and a small palm plant in with her. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Layne

Ps don't mean to hijack the thread but since it kinda came up and his question was answered?

Edit: actually just pulled her tank down off the rack and I can see inside her burrow through the side in a small space. She's fine, hasn't molted though, which I'm a bit surprized by. She has been sealed off and in premolt for about 5 weeks. I'm assuming she will in next couple weeks (I've had tons of molts in the last 2 weeks)

Last edited:

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd increase the humidity and levels of moisture, that might help bring on the moult.

People often ask about their Ts being in hiding for long periods. In the majority of cases its no issue to the T, but its our eagerness that questions. It might not be the best answer but if we take confidence in the fact Ts have been doing this for millions of years then they shouldnt need our help. In this situation I use my nose, you'll know when your T has died.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If prey items are disappearing, new webs, boluses or dirt has been moved I wouldn't worry. As long as there's no bright lights, you may even see it sometimes by it's home during the night or early morning. If it's constantly bothered, she'll never feel safe enough to come out at all.

OrdoMallus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No I wasnt too worried about her safety or health, I knew she was in premolt and I was just wondering how long it normally takes to give a ballpark. I actually found she had dumped out her molt this morning, I had checked on her 2 days ago when I had last posted. She molted last night and had dumped out the molt overnight, I havent seen her yet but I know she is fine. I didnt worry about her too much but was just wondering if I should have done anything special for her if it takes longer to molt? like bumping humidity?