Need help with B. smithi

RoachGirl

Arachnopeon
So we got our B. smithi sling (1.25") a day or two ago. I worry about it because so far it hasn't eaten anything and doesn't seem to want to move around like our others do. Just seems kinda lethargic. Are they just not as active as others? I am new to slings and am unsure how the little ones act/look before molting. Putting up a couple of pics so maybe someone can tell me something. I'd really hate for something to happen to it. Thanks for any advice.

Sorry for the poor pic quality. First pic is the first day we got him/her. Other two are from today.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Seems like normal behavior.
It's abdomen looks to be a good size.
It's probably just still getting used to things.
I wouldn't worry.
It will eat when it's ready:)

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I would also add that Brachypelma smithis aren't always real active . . . . as in, I don't notice mine moving except when I'm messing around with the enclosure . . . . it's sometimes a couple days before it changes positions on me (or at least that's how it seems). Looks like you've got a nice healthy little sling there to me.

justinherran

Arachnopeon
My first spider wouldn't eat for a month when I got it. It was about the same size as yours, I wouldn't worry when its hungry it will eat.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B. smithi is not active. He seems to find a spot he likes and stay there for days. Your baby might be getting used to his new environment.
Give him some time, and as long as he is not cold, is hydrated, and has a plump tummy I would say he is pretty happy :)