Need help with another ID on this cute spider :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
Again, sorry for the poor photo quality. Lol. (I really need to invest in a nice camera.)

Found this little guy outside. If anyone can identify it, please lend me your knowledge. Also, do any of you have tips on husbandry in regards to this species?

Zoom in to get a better look at the spider. I did not crop the last 2 photos because I wanted something visible for size comparison. The white surface on which the spider is standing in the last 2 photos is the top off of prescription pill bottle.

20170501_004032-01.jpeg 20170501_002733.jpg 20170501_002728.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Found this little guy outside. If anyone can identify it, please lend me your knowledge. Also, do any of you have tips on husbandry in regards to this species?
Likely a linyphiid of some kind, but I can't 100% rule out a small theridiid from these photos.

Was it found in a web? If so, what did the web look like?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Likely a linyphiid of some kind, but I can't 100% rule out a small theridiid from these photos.

Was it found in a web? If so, what did the web look like?
Aah, I am unable to answer that question because my fiance brought this spider home. He works at a bank and found it crawling near the front door of the building.

Everyone he works with despises spiders, so he has a few catch cups and make-shift (temporary) enclosures I have provided him with just incase he feels the need to safely remove any eight-legged friends from the bank. :) Whether or not we keep them or release them in our yard depends on an array of factors. (life span and other pros and cons of keeping certain true spiders in captivity.)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Aah, I am unable to answer that question because my fiance brought this spider home. He works at a bank and found it crawling near the front door of the building.

Everyone he works with despises spiders, so he has a few catch cups and make-shift (temporary) enclosures I have provided him with just incase he feels the need to safely remove any eight-legged friends from the bank. :) Whether or not we keep them or release them in our yard depends on an array of factors. (life span and other pros and cons of keeping certain true spiders in captivity.)
Many true spiders don't have excessively long life spans. A large number only live for a season. But there are some that can go for longer, especially in captivity.

There are also a lot that can overwinter and make it for another spring/summer.