Need help... please reply.

squeaky10199

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok i love my spiders, and tarantulas for that matter... but recently i got the urge to catch a grass spider or funnel weaver, so i did. I beleive it is a female because of the larger size and no boxing glove palps. But i want a male as well to breed them. Now the problem i am having is finding him. I looked in my garage, basement, hallways in the house, and outside underneath lawn items... BUT NO LUCK! And the temperature dropped to the 20's so i kno i wont find one outside. Where can i get one? i want a male and maybe another female...
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You may have to wait for next summer, but I can occasionally find such spiders in walls composed of rock or brick that are stacked in such a way that various nooks an crannies are made. Take a flashlight with you and search these little patterns of repeating hiding spots one night. The uniformity of setting helps you to see what you are looking for. You may find more than you expect!

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't recommend getting someone to send you one from someplace else unless you know what species yours comes from first. There's a ton of Agelenid species around here...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn't recommend getting someone to send you one from someplace else unless you know what species yours comes from first. There's a ton of Agelenid species around here...
and they all look preeeetty much the same to me!