Need Help on which T to get second.

Jake Gilbert

Arachnopeon
Hi i have a G. Pulchripes atm and its kinda cool but its abit of a rock. I understand thy are display pets but i do want to get a second T which is abit more active and better looking, im kinda new to the hobby but just want anther T , its so addicting!!! anyway does anyone have any recommendations. Docile but not to docile, calm but not to calm, You get the idea Any help would be amazing. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Why not go into the Brachypelma genus? There are a lot of great species in that genus that fits your descriptions.

While it's not really a docile or calm species, I recommend the A. geniculata

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Hi i have a G. Pulchripes atm and its kinda cool but its abit of a rock. I understand thy are display pets but i do want to get a second T which is abit more active and better looking, im kinda new to the hobby but just want anther T , its so addicting!!! anyway does anyone have any recommendations. Docile but not to docile, calm but not to calm, You get the idea Any help would be amazing. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!
What about a GBB? They are colourful, quite active and eats for fun.

Jake Gilbert

Arachnopeon
Why not go into the Brachypelma genus? There are a lot of great species in that genus that fits your descriptions.

While it's not really a docile or calm species, I recommend the A. geniculata
Hi yes i was thinking the B.Bohemi , or the B.Hamorii Or maybe the Arizona blonde.

What about a GBB? They are colourful, quite active and eats for fun.
Hi yes they are quite beautiful however im not quite up to scratch with how to care fr this ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Hi yes i was thinking the B.Bohemi , or the B.Hamorii Or maybe the Arizona blonde.
I actually have all those 3 and they're very easy to care for and are always out in the open, they make great display T.'s for sure. While my B. hamorii and B. boehmei specimens are still juveniles, they stay out a lot which is the same with my A. chalcodes adult female. Can't go wrong with any of those 3.

Jake Gilbert

Arachnopeon
Dry substrate, a water dish, a hide and plenty of anchor points for its webbing.
Are they arboreal or not and thank you.

I actually have all those 3 and they're very easy to care for and are always out in the open, they make great display T.'s for sure. While my B. hamorii and B. boehmei specimens are still juveniles, they stay out a lot which is the same with my A. chalcodes adult female. Can't go wrong with any of those 3.
Sound good thanks I’m really drawn to the B.Boehmei the striking red legs is amazing . Any care tips on the B.Boehmei.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Sound good thanks I’m really drawn to the B.Boehmei the striking red legs is amazing . Any care tips on the B.Boehmei.
Easy to care for, as slings partially moist substrate and feed twice a week. As juveniles and adults they can be kept dry with a water dish. Very easy to care for.

Jake Gilbert

Arachnopeon
Easy to care for, as slings partially moist substrate and feed twice a week. As juveniles and adults they can be kept dry with a water dish. Very easy to care for.
okay so B.Boehemi needs moist substrate and just a hide and a ill chuck in a little peat moss does that sound fine?

No, they are terrestrial.
Thank you ill look into it they are so beautiful,also did you say they require dry substrate. Also would the hide and a few fake plants be okay for anchor points.

abcdave88

Arachnopeon
I am currently in the same boat (looking for my 2nd T/T's). I've been looking at B. albiceps, GBB and couple of dwarf species (N. incei & Theraphosinae sp panama) as my girlfriend wasnt happy about me getting the first one and I am hoping she won't mind if they are smaller.

Jake Gilbert

Arachnopeon
I am currently in the same boat (looking for my 2nd T/T's). I've been looking at B. albiceps, GBB and couple of dwarf species (N. incei & Theraphosinae sp panama) as my girlfriend wasnt happy about me getting the first one and I am hoping she won't mind if they are smaller.
WOW meee too haha she was like what have you bought!! anyway best of wishes on findinf your next T im lock on B.Boehemi or GBB

MainMann

Arachnosquire
If you're okay with getting a smaller T and one that's a wee bit fast, I'd def recommend Neoholothele incei. A very underrated species in my opinion! Love the striped metallic greens/golds (i prefer the green for some reason lol) and they web like maniacs! Visibility is a bit hit or miss though, my friend has one that's quite visible, but will still hide from tide to time.

Sincerely, maman

Eighth Element

Arachnopeon
I would recommend Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens I think they’re a little more active and very beautiful.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
N. tripepii
N. chromatus
A. geniculata
Any Pamphobeteus
Any Phormictopus

If you don't want a pet rock, I would avoid A. chalcodes. Mine hasn't ever molted in my care, hasn't eaten in 18 months, and I haven't seen her move in about that long too. Pretty, but inactive.