Need help!! Newbie over here

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Post pictures of both pinchers. The tail and a top over view. And @Collin Clary can pin point the gender and exact sp.
Forum expert on Asian forest types

My guess..... male

Stugy

Arachnolord
I think male. You can always check on google to make your own guess but it's always nice to have a community to help out :)

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely male. Post pictures of the carapace, chela, and 5th metasomal segment if you want me to identify the species.

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
As ArachnoDrew said, your tank looks to be on the dry side, you need to keep AFS in a very humid environment. Mist the tank with distilled water and cover the top to hold it in, they love heat and humidity. Looks like a male to me but I am no expert.

Abugslife

Arachnopeon
Definitely male. Post pictures of the carapace, chela, and 5th metasomal segment if you want me to identify the species.
Not trying to be a smart ass but being a lay person here, I don't know the terms. Do you mean his claws and body?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yes lol just over all around close ups of each part of his body. Just make sure with good lighting

Abugslife

Arachnopeon
As ArachnoDrew said, your tank looks to be on the dry side, you need to keep AFS in a very humid environment. Mist the tank with distilled water and cover the top to hold it in, they love heat and humidity. Looks like a male to me but I am no expert.
Ok, adding moisture now

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not trying to be a smart ass but being a lay person here, I don't know the terms. Do you mean his claws and body?
Sorry.

Chela are the claws, the carapace is the "head," and the metasoma is the "tail." The 5th segment is the one right before the telson (stinger).