lammergeier

Arachnopeon
pls identify this heterometrus sir:)
they said that it is a spinifer or a laoticus

thank you verymuch for your help

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's not laoticus but I don't know if it's spinifer or not. A lot of bad info about IDing spinifers out there. Pet stores just stick on a label and forget about it, most of the time they don't know. You kind find a lot of diff sps on the internet people are calling spinifers, it's a mess! You can find a diagram to compare granulation on the carapace, I have it somewhere but easy to find on the internet. H. laoticus is usually smaller, shorter pedipalps, not so lanky, stockier chela. Even though that one is dirty, laoticus does not have that shine, they have a powder coat looking finish and no granulation on the carapace, ..they are one of the easier ones to ID.

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not a Longimanus, not a Laoticus, the most common het sold other than those is a spinifer and that would be my guess.

If you want a more positive ID carefully clean the top of the head then take a clear picture of the top of the head which shows the granulation.

lammergeier

Arachnopeon
Thank you very much for your help sir ill post some pic of its head:)
by the way sir is this doesnt look like a longimanus?
because i taught it was but im not that good in identifying them, bec they look almost thesame to me

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
"Sir", you talking to us haha. Yeah imo, sure could be H. longimanus, it's pretty lanky looking, there are diff varieties, from diff areas from what I understand.