Need Help Identifying a Species & Determination if a Egg Sack has Been Laid

Intercooledgn

Arachnopeon
Hello all I need some help identifying this species of spider. Also I was curious if this is an egg sac or not in the picture at the top of the cardboard tube. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance for all your help.

Screenshot_2016-09-20-12-43-33-1.png Screenshot_2016-09-20-12-45-12-1.png 20160920_125815.png

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Defiantly an egg sack. Giving collection data will help others in an ID for you.

Smiling Scribe

Arachnopeon
Don't get too excited about the egg sack, I'm afraid. Grass Spiders tend to have "hysterical pregnancies," where they build egg sacks and even defend them by carrying away foreign egg sacks that would compete with their own... even when they haven't been fertilized.

Intercooledgn

Arachnopeon
It has a web going from one corner to the other, the grass spider has its sheet like webbing underneath it. Once I got the barn spider it went up to wear the sack is sat there then the next morning the sack was attached where the barn spider was.

The Spider Prince

Arachnopeon
If she is no longer with the sac then she has most likely died and the egg sac is real. Are you keeping these spiders?