Need help finding clear plastic vials!

Ianpcfauna

Arachnopeon
This may have been posted before. If so just post a link? I am looking for clear plastic vials/ medicine vials with white snap on lids. To keep slings in. Where do you all buy from? They seem to be common... I get them a lot when ordering slings from people... etc

Sana

Arachnoprince
I wouldn't personally recommend using that type of vial to keep slings in. Deli cups are much easier to put proper cross ventilation into and come in so many different sizes that there is always an ideal one for whatever size sling you're dealing with. With my opinion on the matter stated those clear vials can be easily found for sale by running a google search. Here's just one of the links I came up with typing in "clear plastic vial with cap".

http://www.thorntonplastics.com/

cold blood

Staff member
A while ago someone posted a very comprehensive list of such things, it was invaluable...unfortunately I believe it was removed for some odd reason, and now that I need that info, I can't find it.

One of the options listed was significantly cheaper than thornton.

cold blood

Staff member
I wouldn't personally recommend using that type of vial to keep slings in. Deli cups are much easier to put proper cross ventilation into and come in so many different sizes that there is always an ideal one for whatever size sling you're dealing with. With my opinion on the matter stated those clear vials can be easily found for sale by running a google search. Here's just one of the links I came up with typing in "clear plastic vial with cap".

http://www.thorntonplastics.com/
Agree, but they're great for shipping.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
I love the 40 dram vials from Thorton Plastics. After drilling some holes, they are perfect for my slings. Bought 250 of them for less than $75 shipped. IMG_1738.jpg

Sana

Arachnoprince
A while ago someone posted a very comprehensive list of such things, it was invaluable...unfortunately I believe it was removed for some odd reason, and now that I need that info, I can't find it.

One of the options listed was significantly cheaper than thornton.
If you ever do come across that list I would love to take a look at it. I honestly posted the link to thornton as an example figuring that the OP could do some shopping and price comparison from there. I agree about using them for shipping. They are perfect for that use.

obie

Arachnosquire
If you Google science company, they sell the 50 dram ones for like 85 cent apiece I was going to order like 10 but the shipping cost more than the vials

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Search for Reditainer Plastic Disposable Portion Cups Souffle Cup with Lids, 100-Pack . Less then ten bucks at Amazon . They come sized from two ounce to five ounce and are nearly transparent . A candle and a small nail or a soldiering gun with a fine point tip will eliminate the need to drill as the plastic is thin and melts very easily . I have been using these for years and they are perfect . They also stack quite nicely which makes organization a breeze .