Need help figuring on whats wrong with my cobalt blue!!!

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
If you had no idea that moisture affects molts, you have no business getting a C lividum.
Is it starting to become a trend to just attack people when they're misinformed? He most likely bought the T from a pet store that gave him incorrect info or no info at all. He's already got the T, so it's best to just help the guy.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Is it starting to become a trend to just attack people when they're misinformed? He most likely bought the T from a pet store that gave him incorrect info or no info at all. He's already got the T, so it's best to just help the guy.
I'm not attacking anyone, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. But it's true that a person who is uninformed about molting should not get as advanced a species as the Cobalt Blue.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I'm not attacking anyone, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. But it's true that a person who is uninformed about molting should not get as advanced a species as the Cobalt Blue.
While I get that, it's quite clear this guy probably had no idea what he even bought. Most likely just seen pics of the pretty blue spider and scooped it. Sorry if I took to your comment wrong, there's just been a lot of people on this forum get hammered lately when they really shouldn't have.

Last edited:

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
The only thing I'd say I screwed up on is relying on the Hygrometer to display an accurate reading of temperate/humidity in the enclosure (which has since been removed). Everything else is perfect as well as the humidity since i came across the issue.. Yeah I don't know why people post unnecessary comments like that, there's literally no point at all, just makes them seem childish.
Cheers!

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
The only thing I'd say I screwed up on is relying on the Hygrometer to display an accurate reading of temperate/humidity in the enclosure (which has since been removed). Everything else is perfect as well as the humidity since i came across the issue.. Yeah I don't know why people post unnecessary comments like that, there's literally no point at all, just makes them seem childish.
Cheers!
Everyone makes mistakes, we all had to start somewhere! Important thing is he's fine and I won't encounter this problem again.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
If you had no idea that moisture affects molts, you have no business getting a C lividum.
Moisture is required for the species in general because of where it is from not really for molting.

I've not seen any evidence that molting is affected by humidity/moisture. If humidity/moisture affected the molting process to a great extent most of our Ts would be molting in their water dishes. We don't spray down enclosures when we see Ts on their backs molting. A lot of my Ts are kept on dry substrate with nothing but a water dish and they molt well. They don't molt better in ICUs.

I think the idea that moisture affects molting is a carry over from reptiles. My ball python climbs in his dish when it's molting time to soak which helps the old skin come off. My Ts do not.

Again this species needs moist substrate and doesn't do good in a dry environment in general. It's from a much wetter environment then a lot of other Ts in the hobby.

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
just a couple shots of my blue since molt, usually bolts back in burrow so this was the only angle i could get. Seems he lost a few legs :( but his pedipalps are good and so are his fangs and book lungs from what i can tell. Do you guys think the sub is moist enough? Seems to be doing better gonna feed him Thursday (at least thats what I was thinking because he molted Thursday.) By the way is it possible to tell if it's a male or female from either shot? I can try for better but no promises :p
Cheers everyone

Gabrgrl

Arachnopeon
While I get that, it's quite clear this guy probably had no idea what he even bought. Most likely just seen pics of the pretty blue spider and scooped it. Sorry if I took to your comment wrong, there's just been a lot of people on this forum get hammered lately when they really shouldn't have.
Agreed. When i bought my CB i knew nothing about it and the seller had it labeled as something else actually. I had no idea it was an adcanced breed. If i did i wouldnt have bought it for my first.