Need Help fast!!

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have two L. parahybana slings one molted yesterday the other had started its molt this morning when i left for work about 12 hours ago. s/he had popped its top and had its rear 2 legs out and since then it looks like it has barely pulled the rest of its remaining legs out. it is still moving but my real question is should i attempt to help it? the other one went pretty fast. about 6 or 7 hours. and my lividum sling has always shed its skin pretty quickly. please let me know.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
if you can, moisten it a bit with a q-tip and some warm water...then GENTLY try to seperate the rest of it. It shouldn't take that long for a sling to molt and hopefully the new skin has not yet stuck to the old...

good luck :)

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
exactly what edesign said. that's what i would personally do. an emergency "molt aid"

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sad day...

:wall: Well i did all i could but the skin had stuck to his fangs and two front legs. I dont know how it happened i misted the cage just 2 days ago because i knew they were due to molt anyday. like i said the other one came out just fine and they are kept exactly the same. i appreciate the timely responses guys thank you.

todd

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
sorry to hear that man :( Sometimes bad molts happen and there's nothing you can do...been there, done that. But at least you TRIED!