need help and info on breeding vinegaroons

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hi everyone i currently have 2 vinegaroons (male and female), i'll be putting pics up of them today, i'll be receiving 4 more mature adults this tuesday or wensday(also with 18 yes 18 scorpions!), but heres my question i've been trying to breed these guys with little sucess, i introduced the male in to the females enclosure, but they were intent on killing each other i got them seperated before any damage could be done, i hear these a very hard to breed, and whenever i look for info on the subject it is usually very limited or vauge, perhaps when i get the otheres it may work out better, thanks for any help ahead of time(gonna go take some pics of them), thanks---Jeff :? :? :?

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are quite tricky.....

Breeding Vinegaroons hasn't been done much with any success. That's probably why you aren't getting any responses. I have gotten as far as having them hook up and mate without killing each other but have not managed to produce any offspring yet. Try Miep at the ATS as she may be your best bet but to be honest I don't think she has bred them either. I certainly have enough of them to try with and if I ever do get one to produce you can rest assured I will post the info but as of now I'm still trying.

Phil

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the october issue of reptiles mag has a nice artical about vinagroons in it. Talks some about how and when they breed. if you dont have the issue or cant find any more info PM and i can scan it for you.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Breeding Uropygi

Individual uropygid specimens can act different towards each other. Some may be very social while others may be extremely aggressive/violent to other specimens. It can really depends on the individual.

Alex S.