Need educated on the numbers listed with tarantulas

Topher Viers

Arachnopeon
I'm getting back into keeping tarantulas after 20 years, I've been out of the loop since then. I'm seeing numbers listed along with the tarantulas and never seen this before, can someone educate me, the numbers are shown like this 0.0.0 but vary with each tarantula, thanks

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
It refers to the sex and numbers of T´s. 1.2.4 for example, means one male, two females and four unsexed.

Last edited:

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Thank you TownesVanZandt, I've been looking for a good place to learn and share other than FB groups, looks like this is it
Welcome! :)

This is hands down the best place to learn and talk about T's. Members like @cold blood @EulersK @Poec54 @louise f @viper69 @Chris LXXIX (keeper of the goddess) and others make this place a plethora of information and communication. (Remember those names and listen to what they say)

There is also a classified section with some amazing breeders right here. Very high quality and great prices can be found there from members such as @cold blood

Look around the forums, read up, you'll be back on track in no time :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm getting back into keeping tarantulas after 20 years, I've been out of the loop since then. I'm seeing numbers listed along with the tarantulas and never seen this before, can someone educate me, the numbers are shown like this 0.0.0 but vary with each tarantula, thanks
I'll tell you, but just between you and me, so don't tell anyone. It's a secret tarantula hobby Morse code!