Need an invert freak for a tv series!

tokoloshe

Arachnopeon
Calling all invert freaks out there!

I'm looking for an interesting invertebrate nerd/keeper for a major television series...

You must have character and look different. If you know of someone or think you fit the role send me an email with your photo and tell me about yourself!

This will be a series on a major network and you will be the co-host.

Must be in California!

somuchoffamous@gmail.com

Last edited:

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight

I'm looking for an interesting invertebrate nerd/keeper for a major television series...

You must have character and look different. If you know of someone or think you fit the role send me an email with your photo and tell me about yourself!

somuchoffamous@gmail.com
Most people on here are invert freaks,edit all people here are.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The part about "looking different" worries me. Why do I get the feeling that this is one of those shows that will be centered around the "invert freak" getting dumped on about the hobby and how freakish they are?

tokoloshe

Arachnopeon
actually.... they will be the star in a good way...this is not a one off. I am a freak myself... making the rest of us freaks look good!

Not everyone is made to be in front of the camera though.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep,sounds like they are looking for someone that LOOKS like a freak,so they can make all of us seem that way.I have done a TV series before(speed channel),I know how these people work,lol

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
more details of this show please?
and what do you mean by different please elaborate

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Must be in California!

somuchoffamous@gmail.com

People who fit in with the rest of society need not apply. If you're normal this gig isn't for you!
Fixed......

tokoloshe

Arachnopeon
To clear this up for everyone!!!

This is not to make anyone look bad in any way!!! The person selected will be shown as smart educated person, showing how awesome bugs are.

By "different".... it is what ever you take it as. Pretty girl bug keeper, face tattooed spider nerd, or you look like david hasselhoff... its what ever you take it as... i don't care.

its all about character! You need to be entertaining...

Drop me an email with your photo and about yourself and i will contact you if you fit the description. California only please!

Emails...as i will not be on here much.

somuchoffamous@gmail.com

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
Considering how this hobby is viewed, don't you think showing a "normal", charismatic guy or gal would be different in and of itself? Just something to think about, and we would be very grateful indeed to you for doing so.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
By "different".... it is what ever you take it as. Pretty girl bug keeper, face tattooed spider nerd, or you look like david hasselhoff... its what ever you take it as... i don't care.

its all about character! You need to be entertaining...[/email]
this sounds kind of sketchy, lol.

thankfully i am none of the things listed above, especially the entertaining part ;P

tokoloshe

Arachnopeon
as i said.... normal can be weird too.... "different" is what ever you make if it...
anyways... I'm out! Look forward to any responses!

Cheers!

PS no 11 year old photos please ;)! hahaha

Person should be in their early to mid twenties.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Considering how this hobby is viewed, don't you think showing a "normal", charismatic guy would be different in and of itself? Just something to think about, and we would be very grateful indeed to you for doing so.
Agree, but if it is for a TV series... Normal doesn't sell. It's unfortunate, but it's true...

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
Charisma, however, does sell. Note my qualifier. Heck, can we get a professor in here? Regardless, Toko, what we really want is to be represented positively, and not as fringe freaks. It'd be nice to be assured of that. What's the purpose of this show? To educate?

Last edited:

super-pede

Arachnobaron
My 2 cents....your full of crap.You want to make us all look like weirdos that are mentally insane.Because you used the word freak means that you automatically presume that's what we are.Sorry bro I don't buy it.I'll inform my "freak cousin" in california of what you're tying to do.
Why do you want us to look like a freak?Do you want the hobby in general to look like a bunch of freaks who collect inverts?

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont understand why you guys are hitting bad on this guy. He's doing a casting call, leave it at that.

Theres a reason why he's asking on an actual board of arachnid keepers - because most of us are actually knowlegable then if he where posting on a model board. (not that there arent models interested in arachnids.)

At least he is reaching out to the correct community. This is something I would definatly be interested in but I am studying hehe and not in Cali. And totally not qualified enough.

Someday my film degree will come in handy. But right now I need my zoology degree too hehe :D