need advice

Oliverhenderson

Arachnopeon
I just rehoused my p cambridgei and in the process it lost 2 legs i know that tarantulas can lose legs and regrow them but is there any special preparation i should do?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I just rehoused my p cambridgei and in the process it lost 2 legs i know that tarantulas can lose legs and regrow them but is there any special preparation i should do?
Just leave it be if it's not leaking fluids, it'll be fine. But the real question is, why did the T lose two legs during a rehouse?

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Usually you don't have to do anything. They will grow back eventually, depending how big your P. cambridgei is.

Oliverhenderson

Arachnopeon
Just leave it be if it's not leaking fluids, it'll be fine. But the real question is, why did the T lose two legs during a rehouse?
it was in its enclosure and ran out quickly i had a catch cup but it was going to fast so i cupped my hand over it and my hand pinned the legs against the floor (not on purpose) and it just kept on running so the legs got pulled of

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
it was in its enclosure and ran out quickly i had a catch cup but it was going to fast so i cupped my hand over it and my hand pinned the legs against the floor (not on purpose) and it just kept on running so the legs got pulled of
You had a catch cup but put your bare hand over it instead....man, that is a reflex you need to train yourself in not doing that. The spider will be fine, it could have lost those legs with the catch cup as
well. But you need to learn to use the catch cup if you want to avoid being bitten. Psalmopoeus venom may not have OW potential but still is no joke from what I've read...

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Ahh ok, mistakes happen. In the future though, if you have one bolt like that again, simply put something in front of it. It will run into whatever you use, and then change direction. That'll give you more time to figure out your next coarse of action.

Like Andrea mentioned too though, definitely try not to panic and use your hand. Even little slings can put you in excruciating pain depending on the species.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
if a spider bolts usually i dont even try to stop it. if i dont squish it, id probably miss or chop off some legs. its easier to get them after theyve stopped running, safer too.
itll grow back over the course of the next few molts.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
if a spider bolts usually i dont even try to stop it. if i dont squish it, id probably miss or chop off some legs. its easier to get them after theyve stopped running, safer too.
itll grow back over the course of the next few molts.
This, I can be a gigantic clumsy ogre at times so I prefer to let the T bolt and then get the catch cup over it once it stops running (my P. irminia/P. pulcher/C. huahini all tried it but didn't go very far before stopping) otherwise I'm terrified I'll kill/maim it by accident.

Oliverhenderson

Arachnopeon
You had a catch cup but put your bare hand over it instead....man, that is a reflex you need to train yourself in not doing that. The spider will be fine, it could have lost those legs with the catch cup as
well. But you need to learn to use the catch cup if you want to avoid being bitten. Psalmopoeus venom may not have OW potential but still is no joke from what I've read...
yea i know