Need advice ASAP! Dying T...

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Well, I finally got my shipment today (overnight, but took two full days!) and it seems initially like every T is doing OK except the H. lividum (about 4"). She's curled up in the death pose. If I blow on her she doesn't react. If I brush her rear a little, she moves ever so slow. The moisture was good in her deli-cup, but the wet packing felt cool to the touch. I have got her on a small heater (not directly) trying to warm her up. I don't think she's going to make it, but I still have hope. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Thanks, I did read that just thought someone might have some extra tips on T first aid.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
what about putting the spider over some water so it can drink ? Perhaps it needs water ? I dunno. I hope it turns out ok.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't worry, my lividum did this aswell...

What I did was to dig a 'hole' in the corner nearest the heat source about 3" deep, then cover it with half a flower put. Within an hour she'd gone into it, then within the week had customised it by digging to the floor and around.

I think it curled up to make itself smaller... but yeah, raise humidty aswell

Hope this helps!

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Heat is critical. The spider is declining from exposure to cold, most likely, not dehydration. Put it in a larger cup over a heatpad or other low-wattage source. Make sure it doesn't 'cook' mind you, just gentle heat. I don't recommend the 'heating in your palm' method with lividum - they have a way of reviving FAST, and with an attitude.

Were there heatpacks in the box? Were they still warm? Sometimes I use the weakened heatpacks to 'jumpstart' a tarantula that arrives too cold. I just place them on top or up against the side of the cup.

Good luck!

bill

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol...

I would have to agree heating lividum in the palm could be interesting to say the least. :) Only a good method when done with something more calm.

Phil

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Then again, from the looks of some of these threads, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of cold lividum being revived between a warm pair of breasts or thighs... ;)

bill (did I mention I'm a bit chilly?)

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
Then again, from the looks of some of these threads, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of cold lividum being revived between a warm pair of breasts or thighs... ;)

bill (did I mention I'm a bit chilly?)
well Im getting braver but I could be talked into warming you up...BUT youd have to bring my spiders with you :} I cant wait for them to get here and if that would get them here faster then what the heck LOL

Jen

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol...

Yup that's sure to bring one back around. :) Sure would work on me.

Phil

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by LunarFaery
and if that would get them here faster then what the heck LOL

Jen
I've just decided to take up selling spiders, I'll be hand delivering and all :)

Steve

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Spida Pimp

Originally posted by Phillip
Yup that's sure to bring one back around. :) Sure would work on me.

Phil
Bill's my hero! A modern day Huggy Bear (this goes way back, remember?).

D