need a tip

macy435

Arachnopeon
I have a male and female emperor that I want to breed can they live together

Lego

Arachnopeon
hey buddy... hows it goin? looks like im the only one readin your post so far. good luck withthat breeding thing;P

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes they can live together. Watch them for a few days for signs of aggression and separate them if fights turn into mortal combat lol

Lego

Arachnopeon
we put them together and they did fight a bit but nothing serious... i think they might have been doing some kind of territorial display or even just kinda playing around, they chilled after a bit and were just hanging around with each other. THANKS for the links on info.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, sometimes mating behaviour and fighting can look very much the same with these guys. I had a friend that had a huge colony he kept in a large coffee-table like enclosure. If he lifted the main hide there were Emperors of all different ages and sizes running around not harming each other, right down to little brand new white ones.
One suggestion I would make is to make sure you have some broad flat surface somewhere in the set-up if you want to breed these two. He needs somewhere stable to anchor a spermatophore and she will need to be able to move easily overtop and lower herself onto it. You may know that already. Just thought I'd mention in case.

Knight in Gale