Need a new hide!

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This weekend my L. parahybana molted outside her little log hide. This was the first time she did it out in the open, so I got to see most of the molt. After it was over and she was upright again, I realized why. She is now too big to fit into the old home. In fact, she is downright HUGE!. Like, in a 5 gallon aquarium, her legspan is half the width of the aquarium.

Does she need a new tank?

Last time I tried to move her, her response to a gentle shove with a paint brush was a big threat display.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think she needs a new enclosure, just a new hide, you can use various thinks like half flower pots, or just dig half the side in. Um, be creative. Another idea could be to take a small log or something and lay it flat on the ground, then dig a small scrape under it for the T to hide in.

AmazingInverts

Arachnopeon
I don't think she needs a new either. My vagans female is housed in a 10 gal aquarium and she molted out in the open. I would however get a hide that she can feel comfortable in.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just think of something cheap and practical. a plastic or ceramic flowerpot would do well. or just make your own log hide.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Another idea could be to take a small log or something and lay it flat on the ground, then dig a small scrape under it for the T to hide in.
I like this method and use variations of it with all my terrestrial setups now. It seems to encourage them to burrow more and if you place it near a wall you end up being able to see into their little arachnoid living rooms.

It's better IMO than a coconut hide or half log because it's easier to see what they're doing, or if they're molting or whatever.