Need a bit of help sexing H. laoticus

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
Species: Heterometrus laoticus

I've had a laoticus for nearly a year now. All this time i have assumed it was male and a few days ago my sister decided to buy a female, so we could hopefully mate them.
However, now I'm unsure whether or not the scorpions are different genders.
Here are photos of their pectines:
"Female"

IMG_20220508_235821.jpg

"Male"

IMG_20220508_235929.jpg
If need be i can provide higher quality pictures of whatever body parts is necessary for these scorpions.

What do you all think?

Attachments

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
From what is observed, I have reason to believe that both are male.

I make this assumption on two reasonings: 1. Male scorpion’s have larger pectines which have more 'teeth' and provide a more comblike appearance than females. (In certain species, this difference is very subtle and sometimes difficult to tell apart so I consider this a secondary test/less reliable) however, this does not serve as good reference due to the similarities in both specimens which brings me to my next point—

2. —by observing the “Genital Operculum” of both specimens, we can determine the sexing of both of these specimens. Given that males have an Oval shape whereas females have a heart shape; we can deduce both of these specimens to be male.

if you’re wondering what a “Genital Operculum” is, It’s this thing I encircled down here.

80508377-19AC-457B-932B-96D56B4C4521.jpeg Fig. A “Oval shape”

1FD43AAC-AC67-4E86-B054-6CD7822AD65A.jpeg
Fig B. “Oval shape as well”

Given that they both possess oval shapes… I’m almost certain both of them are males. However, I may be mistaken… if you could source higher res Images/More angles I would appreciate it.

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
From what is observed, I have reason to believe that both are male.

I make this assumption on two reasonings: 1. Male scorpion’s have larger pectines which have more 'teeth' and provide a more comblike appearance than females. (In certain species, this difference is very subtle and sometimes difficult to tell apart so I consider this a secondary test/less reliable) however, this does not serve as good reference due to the similarities in both specimens which brings me to my next point—

2. —by observing the “Genital Operculum” of both specimens, we can determine the sexing of both of these specimens. Given that males have an Oval shape whereas females have a heart shape; we can deduce both of these specimens to be male.

if you’re wondering what a “Genital Operculum” is, It’s this thing I encircled down here.

View attachment 419614 Fig. A “Oval shape”

View attachment 419613
Fig B. “Oval shape as well”

Given that they both possess oval shapes… I’m almost certain both of them are males. However, I may be mistaken… if you could source higher res Images/More angles I would appreciate it.
Hello! Thank you for replying! One of these scorpion I've thought to be a male and my sister bought the other one which the seller labeled as female. We've been having issues trying to figure out if they are same sex or not. If possible I'll try to get a higher res image.

Arthroworld Indonesia

Arachnopeon
Hello! Thank you for replying! One of these scorpion I've thought to be a male and my sister bought the other one which the seller labeled as female. We've been having issues trying to figure out if they are same sex or not. If possible I'll try to get a higher res image.
No worries, I’m not going anywhere so take your time. 😁