Neat idea

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Cool idea

I just got a really interesting idea! Imagine how cool it'd be if you had a setup of six tanks in one line and in order from left to right each cage would house a T of a different color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple). In other words, the color spectrum. :D
Example:
B.boehmei (red), P.murinus (orange), G.aureostriata (yellow), P.rufilata (green), H.lividum (blue), T.purpureus (purple)
There could probably be better species for the spectrum than those, but that's just a quick example. What d'you all think?

Last edited:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I've done that with the four Psalmopoeus, and it looked pretty cool. But the novelty kinda wears off I guess..

But by all means do it, and post some pics!

-Sean

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The bad thing with the Ts you selected is the B.boehmei isnt quite red, its more orange, and you wouldn't see the P.murinus nor the H.lividum very often.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
The bad thing with the Ts you selected is the B.boehmei isnt quite red, its more orange, and you wouldn't see the P.murinus nor the H.lividum very often.
Yeah good point. Any alternatives you'd suggest?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well B.boehmei would probably have to be left, maybe substituted with Brachypelma auratum(sp.)? THe P.murinus probobaly with an Aphonopelma bicoloratum or Brachypelma boehmei(depending on if it was used for "red")
The lividum can be substituted for a P. metallica:D . Purple can also be taken by Avicularia purpeua(sp.). I'm also certain that Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and Avicularia versicolor can be used somewere in the mix.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Well B.boehmei would probably have to be left, maybe substituted with Brachypelma auratum(sp.)? THe P.murinus probobaly with an Aphonopelma bicoloratum or Brachypelma boehmei(depending on if it was used for "red")
The lividum can be substituted for a P. metallica:D . Purple can also be taken by Avicularia purpeua(sp.). I'm also certain that Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and Avicularia versicolor can be used somewere in the mix.
B.auratum and A.bicoloratum are good (wish auratum had a little more red in it though). P.metallica came to mind first for blue; hopefully in the near future they won't cost as much as a used car. :p

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
B.auratum and A.bicoloratum are good (wish auratum had a little more red in it though). P.metallica came to mind first for blue; hopefully in the near future they won't cost as much as a used car. :p
Hm, I can't think of any other T that as more red. Maybe, one of the redrumps? Like Brachypelma vagans, Sericopelma rubronitens, etc?

I know thats a killer. Eventually they should go down, I hope.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
why do that i can not see any advantage in it just a 5mins wonder:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Why are you always so rude? I think it's an awesome idea and would make an interesting setup. Honestly, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't comment on my threads.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why are you always so rude? I think it's an awesome idea and would make an interesting setup. Honestly, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't comment on my threads.
I agree, I see many pointless posts by phil. Trying to boost your post count are you? :?

Anyways, Saddlepatch, so you really gonna do this? I know its gonna take time, but it would actually be pretty neat. If I had the money I would take a shot at it.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Anyways, Saddlepatch, so you really gonna do this? I know its gonna take time, but it would actually be pretty neat. If I had the money I would take a shot at it.
When I'm on my own and if I'm still interested, I'll try it. It'd be a good way to expand my small collection and further my experience with Ts of different genus(plural?). I've found it's hard to decide on what species to get next, so following colors will help me.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
heh, i have a file at my home comp trying to makea good Roy G Biv line up

i would love to see pics ifyou do it. you could even try it with slings/juvs at first to save space and $$$

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry i do apologize some one was giveing me a hard time and i was nasty to you :8o :8o :8o :8o i hope you will accept my apology ---- phil

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To me it sounds like a pretty cool idea and could make for a nice display setup. For the Red color in the spectrum you could possibly use a red phase g. rosea?

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
To me it sounds like a pretty cool idea and could make for a nice display setup. For the Red color in the spectrum you could possibly use a red phase g. rosea?
Maybe something a bit more vibrant. Roseas don't interest me much.