Naughty naughty hati hati

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I hate these backgrounds!

It seems all my Asian arboreal like to do this. It drives me nuts!

At least I finally got a photo of one of my hati hati :rofl:

IMG_6376.JPG IMG_6354.JPG :shifty:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I love the second picture :rofl:

"Oooo, is this a tiny crack I found? It is! I shall make this my abode."

Why don't you just put hot glue along the seams before decoration? Seems like a simple fix to me, although I've never used these.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm not a fan of those backgrounds either tbh, I've seen them get chewed to pieces but I've never seen that before lol.
I guess it's not so bad for the larger ones but in a nano tall they take up far too much room so I replace them with cork tile backgrounds which are less than half the thickness, look much better and are less likely to become chew toys.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That second one is hilarious. 'if I don't see them, they won't see me'
:)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yeah. These Exo Terra backgrounds are real bad. I use LR backgrounds usually and this doesnt happen with them as they are flat fit. Every time I have put Poec in with these this is what happens. And now with Hati ahah:rolleyes:

I should learn last time

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Hot glue wont work it melts the styrofoam, but there are glues that will work.
I use them but buy bigger slabs (24x24) then turn it sideways so the gaps are blocked by the side glass.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I use LR backgrounds usually and this doesnt happen with them as they are flat fit.
That's the one, I couldn't remember the brand but one sheet of it does 3 nano tall enclosures or (I assume) 2 of the 30x30x45 enclosures.

basin79

ArachnoGod
You lucky sod. I bloody wish I got to see my lass.

I take those backgrounds out.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hot glue wont work it melts the styrofoam, but there are glues that will work.
I use them but buy bigger slabs (24x24) then turn it sideways so the gaps are blocked by the side glass.
I've taken to using aquarium silicone on a lot of my fixtures that can't handle hot glue. It holds really well and most fully dry in a day or two. I used it on the second set of enclosures I built and it is golding up really well.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I always removed them for my geckos, because crickets would hide behind them.
seems T's will do the same.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I usually take the background out for the same reasons but I don't replace it with anything. I like seeing in from all four sides, just one more angle you can spot a sac.. ;)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
thats exactly what my p.cam did when she got an exoterra lmao the reason i now use cork board for backgrounds.. that and foam balls in all the webbing isnt pretty