Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Natural Scorpion Tank with PVC tunnels.

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by mrbonzai211, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Advertisement
    I made this a few years ago. Natural top soil, low light plants, and pvc pip painted brown and buried as pre-made burrows. Also used isopods to keep it clean and keep the mold away.

Had about 3 in here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ gravid with 21 scorplings
    [​IMG]

2. stingray

stingray Arachnobaron

Very very nicely done! :clap:

3. Ludedor24

Ludedor24 FangzTv Arachnosupporter

NJ
    nice job on that set up

4. Fantastic setup!! She looks like one happy Emp!! Thanks for sharing.

5. Wow, nice setup :clap:. What Heterometrus species is this?

6. laoticus... there was 3. Found out the one in the pic was pregnant when she ate the others.

7. That must have been awsome yet crappy at the same time.

8. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

In the forelast picture, there is a complete chela laying on the ground. Must have come from one those that where eaten........Look at the coloration of the dorsal side; brownish. This means that you kept scorpions of different species together......Based on the fact that "she ate both males", which would be uncommon to rare (but it could have happened, there are always exceptions) for H.laoticus, I am assuming you kept different species together, and this resulted in a big, fat H.laoticus female.

9. Must be the camera or something. One of those males fathered the brood she had. I ordered 3 H. laoticus and 2 H. spinifer and kept them in separate tanks. I'm not really the mixed species type :}

10. signinsimple

signinsimple Arachnobaron

NYC
    It could be a molt that didn't have a chance to harden all the way. How fresh was that kill when the picture was taken mrbonzai?

From the size it seems you're mommy dwarfed that other scorp. Even worse if it was a fresh molt cause that means it was way smaller before. Prolly shouldn't a kept them together in the first place, but we live and learn.

11. The kill was crazy old by then. Picked clean by the isopods. I had them all together since they were about an inch long so I just never figured to split them up. Even though they are more agro than H. spinifer, H. laoticus are still somewhat communal.... somewhat.

They were all pretty good until she went gravid. Then she turned killer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.