Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Nashville Tn ZOO

Discussion in 'Zoo Trips (Man Made Habitats)' started by Tcrazy, May 29, 2012.

1. Tcrazy

Tcrazy Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    Took my kids to the nashville zoo this past saturday, had a blast even though it was hot. its not a very big zoo but it was decent and the enclosure for the reptiles and etc. where really neat

Hyacinth Macaw[​IMG]

Pheasant [​IMG]

Red River Hog [​IMG]

rhinoceros iguana[​IMG][​IMG]

knight anole [​IMG]

skink[​IMG]

P. Cambridgi could not get a good pic of her. [​IMG][​IMG]

Timber rattle snake, was being shy so i was unable to get a head shot [​IMG]

another rattle snake i forgot what kind though [​IMG]

Southern Black widow [​IMG]

alligator snaping turtle.[​IMG]

i loved there set ups.. [​IMG]

Drymarchon corais (Indigo Snake) [​IMG]

B.smithi [​IMG]

Eastern King snake [​IMG]

Green Andaconda [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waxy monkey tree frog [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Twin boys [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here Kitty kitty kitty [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clouded leopard [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. bwusstig

bwusstig Arachnopeon

Cool Pics. Thanks for Posting them! That arowana pic reminds me of my bulldog. What was housed in the beautiful split-level exhibit with all the ferns? btw...the black and yellow snake looks like Spilotes pullatus, a Tiger Ratsnake.

3. Tcrazy

ty for clearing the rat snake up . there where turtles, baskilisk and some other large lizards the one with the head sticking out of the water that lizard was like 4 to 5 ft long with tail. . there where several split level exhibit.

4. Boatman

Boatman Arachnosquire

Nice pix. Thanks for sharing.

5. Tcrazy

Here is two lizards that where in the split-level i could not get a clear shot of them swimming
    [​IMG]

6. Camden

Camden Arachnobaron

I love the Nashville zoo and I'm thankful that I live so close to it. (Not even 30 minutes!) The lizards that are swimming are caiman lizards :) Really fun to watch.
    It was pitiful and hilarious and adorable at the same time, last time we went, we were lucky enough to catch the man feeding all the fish and lizards in that tank, and as he tossed in some food, a basilisk lizard jumped down and stole it, scared the stingray so bad it wouldn't eat. Thanks for sharing your pictures :)

7. advan

advan oOOo Staff Member

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! :)

Anyone else notice they have Psalmopoeus cambridgei spelled incorrectly?

8. Tcrazy

must be nice.. i only live an hour and half away. i just moved here to ky last month i did live five min from the cincinnati zoo. now thats a zoo to really go see.

9. Beardo

Beardo Arachnoprince Old Timer

I've been to the Nashville Zoo as well and its very cool. They have an awesome Viper collection.

The "Timber Rattler" above is actually an Eastern Diamondback BTW. ;)

10. Tcrazy

Im not knowledged in snake I'd I just put what they had listed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.