Narceus americanus are AMAZING !!

RainyFrog

Arachnopeon
Hi guys !! i just came back to a trip to Montreal, and i bought 2 Narceus americanus !!
They're amayzing !!! they're cute, with they little red legs ! they're slow moving but don't freak out when handled.
After just one hour in their new enclosure they already eating an apple !!
I really like them !! The tiny wave that make their legs while moving are hypnotizing !! Can't wait to have more of them or more millipede species.
I know this post is not really usefull to the community !! But like with Scylla (the Phrynus whitei) i'm really really happy and wanted to share that !

Arachnofluff

Arachnopeon
They are super adorable! I am thinking of getting some myself (I have only ivories atm).

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Narceus is a pretty fantastic genus in general. I love how many color variations exist across its range depending on the species.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

RainyFrog

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone ! You're all right !! they're amazing !!!! really, i'm a little bit sad that i can not see them very often but i like them whatsoever ! But i have a little question about their care. I know they eat rotten wood and leaves. But rotten is different from mold. Some of the leaves i left in their enclosure for them to eat, begin to mold, like with hairy white mold. I'm praticly sure that not what they eat, so i removed it, was i right to remove it ? Do i water the enclosure to mutch ? Thanks for your answer !!

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi everyone ! You're all right !! they're amazing !!!! really, i'm a little bit sad that i can not see them very often but i like them whatsoever ! But i have a little question about their care. I know they eat rotten wood and leaves. But rotten is different from mold. Some of the leaves i left in their enclosure for them to eat, begin to mold, like with hairy white mold. I'm praticly sure that not what they eat, so i removed it, was i right to remove it ? Do i water the enclosure to mutch ? Thanks for your answer !!
Best to get dried oak or beech leaves and break them up as much as you can then place in enclosure.
If you are getting mold on leaves rather than mold on left over food you need to increase the ventilation.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
You can probably find Narceus within a short drive. They are colorful, easy, and big. I collected for many years before I found one a few miles from home.

spasskgirl

Arachnopeon
They can get truly to giant size. Mine passed, unfortunately, but I hope some day I’ll see one that’s even bigger.